The Yes on Prop. 8 Blog Roll

Photobucket Yesterday the Yes on Prop. 8 campaign held a “Sick Out” where they kept their children home from school in protest of the $1 million dollar donation by the CTA.

Funny how the boy who picks on my son for having two moms wasn’t at school yesterday. Note to Yes on Prop h8ers, depriving your kids of an education is not the answer to The Marriage Crisis you have brought upon us all. This post is for all of the Yes on Prop. 8 advocates online who have contributed to the discriminatory measure by spreading their lies about what they call The Gay Agenda. Let me tell you, my gay agenda is to raise my children and make a positive impact on this world. So Prop 8 backers, what is your agenda? To Protect Marriage? Then Protect Mine!! Vote NO on Prop 8! But you won’t. You’ll probably go back to your blog and post about the angry lesbian who linked your page. Well, your damn right I’m angry and hell yes I linked your page. You know why?? Because the website you all promote so much, ProtectMarriage.com, won’t even link you themselves. Oh sure, they have a form to fill out for a ‘BlogRoll’ and tell you to give up your email and they will link your blog. But all they did was harvest your email to send you convoluted messages about how you should proceed in denying a whole group of people a basic human right.

Along with that goes my children’s health coverage, and other things you haven’t even thought about.

All your kids that were kept home yesterday were able to have either parent sign their absence note. So my children don’t deserve that right? Is either parent in your family forced to wait in the hallway at the doctor’s office, even in an emergency for you or your kids? What about your taxes? What if you couldn’t claim your own children on your taxes??

So here you go!

Below is a list of the latest bloggers to post a message advocating Proposition 8 in California, which effectively strips away the rights of thousands of households across the state. These bloggers have no problem telling us we are sexual deviants, fake families, social misfits and what have you. With Election Day so close, the LGBT community can’t afford to let these people believe their own BS any longer!

I encourage all readers of this post, whether you are FOR or AGAINST Proposition 8 to stand up and come out now!!

Here is a list of blogs that are FOR Prop 8 go ahead and add any others you know of in a comment, maybe your own. Let’s open the discussion let’s talk about it. Let’s clear the air. You think we are full of it, we think you are. We are angry and so are you. Emotions are escalating and leading to despair on both sides. We want you to know how we feel… we feel like second class citizens. Whatever side your on we need to just get our feelings out and known. Then voters will have a clear picture of the TRUTH when they vote on November 4th.

So visit these blogs and tell them how you feel about Proposition 8!!!

BeetleBabee
AbbeyEarth
the Mitt Blog
Real Tolerance
Two Blog Right/
Akinas 4 prop 8
California Crusader
MamaPro
WKA Neen
The Coffeys
The Orange Juice Blog (*No on 8 site, but this is a Yes on 8 blogger giving perspective.)
John Malloy
Protecting Marriage Prop 8
1 Rad Dad
Champions of Marriage
Forester Inc
The Scoggin Family
Turn It Down

Plus here are some YouTube Channels broadcasting for Yes on Prop. 8…

here
here
here
here
here
here
here
and
here

And in case you haven’t seen this one before, it’s extremely fitting for this post:

Photobucket

Julie Phineas Julie Phineas is a work at home mom of 2 who lives in Southern California. You can find out more about her online by visiting her website at www.juliephineas.com.

Comments

comments

182 Responses to The Yes on Prop. 8 Blog Roll

1. NeJanna

October 27, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Well the forum was opened and boy did they make their presence known … There is so much anger and hostility in the air and it sickens me … The ones that are really suffering is our children … Parents who hate, have children who hate … Is this our future ??? A toxic society even more corupt and spiritually bankrupt than we are now ??? Give our kids a chance to find out the truth for themselves before polluting their innocence with OUR fears and shortcommings … Haven’t we learned anything yet after all these years? The Gay community has been here since ancient civilizations and I dont see it disapearing anytime soon … Wouldn’t you want to grow old with the one YOU love ??? So, don’t hate … Tolerate !!!
    P.S. I do have hope for our future! My hope is that our kids will be smarter than us and see that what makes us different is what makes us beautiful … We all are children of God … Sacred, Precious and Unique. Let’s make ‘em proud !!!

2. ~Julie Phineas~

October 25, 2008 at 12:03 pm

I agree ChristoCentric…

We should call for peace on both sides, things are getting out of hand. For example, the other day my wife and two childen were with me running errands when a Yes on Prop 8 bumper stickered car parked next to us. In peaceful protest, we took a big No on Prop 8 yard sign we had in the car, and stood there with our kids and our sign and we all 4 waved and smiled at the woman. She proceeded to tell us how the Bible says we can’t get married because we don’t have balls between our legs. (in front of our kids!!)

There are peaceful ways to stand up for what you believe in. That’s why I encourage BOTH sides of Proposition 8 to come together here and discuss your true feelings on the matter, tell your side, then voters will know BOTH sides and can discern the TRUTH when they go to Vote on November 4th.

3. Christocentric

October 25, 2008 at 11:55 am

Julie, I took a look at the video and to be honest, I wasn’t proud of my fellow Yes on Prop 8′ers for participating in that type of behavior.

Emotions are running high on both ends of this proposition and both sides have folks who are involved with doing things that neither side would be too proud of (I hope).

So hopefully most of us can remember to keep our cool and practice agreeing to disagree.

4. ~Julie Phineas~

October 25, 2008 at 12:46 am

so you’re going to vote No on 8? we are all equals, we wouldn’t vote to take your rights away – we can all unite on equality!

5. Your moms FRIGGING BUTT

October 24, 2008 at 10:01 pm

You guys. Chill. It’s okay. I don’t hate you. SPREAD THE LOVE AWRIGHT? OKAY! COME ON, HOMOS UNITE! IF THATS HOW ITS GONNA BE! CRACKALACKING!

6. p.Johanna

October 24, 2008 at 7:00 pm

YMFB or BLANK: ELLEN DEGENERES, THEIR IS A MOM THAT STANDS PROUD BY HER KID AND THEIR ARE MANY MORE. YOU SHOULD MOVE BECAUSE WE AREN’T GOING TO STOP. I HAVE HEARD AND HEARD YOUR BIGOTRY TO THE POINT OF HATING MYSELF, AND NO MORE…

7. ~Julie Phineas~

October 24, 2008 at 5:41 pm

Can I get a Yes on Prop 8 backer to comment on the photo included in the post above???

8. ~Julie Phineas~

October 24, 2008 at 5:38 pm

Regardless of whether you are proud if one of your children were gay or not, don’t they deserve the same human rights as your straight children?

9. Your moms FRIGGING BUTT

October 24, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Parents are stopping you from making a bad decision. I’m not asking for an argument, just hear me out and take my words to heart. What parent has ever heard his son tell him he’s gay, and be proud of it? You guys keep whining and talking about how bad your lives will be if Prop 8 passes. Well SUCK IT UP AND GET OVER IT! Suffering builds character! If it really means that much to you, go move out of the state and do something else. If it DOESNT mean that much to you, just SHUT UP! You guys keep talking about how its sooo unfair and life’s being torn away from you permanently.

10. p.Johanna

October 24, 2008 at 2:40 pm

to blank: parents love unconditionally. they might not agree with some decisions made by their kids, but they do not take away their rights or their own free will.

11. Anonymous

October 24, 2008 at 11:09 am

This is what hate looks like: http://vimeo.com/2053489

12. Sei

October 24, 2008 at 7:09 am

Ah yes, the smell of hypocracy in the morning, to paraphrase Oliver Stone, I believe.

It is amazing how Social Conservatives are all about freedom of choice and freedom from others telling them what to do, until its them wanting to tell someone else what to do.

IF homosexuality is a choice, then I should have the freedoms to live and marry who I want since, as a choice, I know what is best for me. After all, it comes down to Freedom of and from Religion. I choose to be Druidic Pagan. Druidic Paganism, if one follows the Sencus Mor, believes in gender equality and gender neutrality in marriage.

13. Anon

October 24, 2008 at 6:39 am

Yeah, believe it or not, Prop 8 is out to help you guys. You may not understand now, but we want whats best for you.

14. Blank

October 24, 2008 at 6:23 am

The prop 8 website doesn’t show a range of links for anti-8 voters to bash on. As many excuses are you like, you guys are the children here. We’re like the parent who knows whats best for you, and you’re like the kids who think they deserve better, we’re the parents who know the consequences. We’re not out there to “get you” guys, we’re just out there because we know whats best and right. The whole state could be thrown into turmoil by your decision, yet you care about nothing but yourselves. You don’t have to be gay, it’s your decision. You choose to live it. We understand where you’re coming from, but we can’t let it happen to us. Yes, I apologize for some of us discriminating against you, but that’s happening on both sides, isn’t it?

15. G

October 23, 2008 at 6:49 pm

p.s. The people that are funding yes on 8 should have taken that 41.7 million dollars and fed the hungry or clothed the poor. All that money spent on hate. That is such a shame. How many people could have ate a meal or slept in a warm bed tonight if that money was used in a positive way. THINK ABOUT IT……….NO ON 8!!!

16. G

October 23, 2008 at 6:43 pm

I’m not one to comment much but today is special. We are in the midst of the most important vote of our lives. No matter what people say about you and your family with all of negative campaigning on tv and such, YOU are the only one who can change the world and future for your kids and loved ones. So take notice that I didn’t just aim this at gay families, this post is for everyone because if one group can take away my rights by a single vote then trust me when I say that one day they might just do it to you. Maybe “they” won’t like who you want to marry, or your religion, or your kids, or your attitude, or your race, or your lack of education, or your job, or your car, or your family, or the way you smile, or maybe just the way you talk, or the way you cut your grass, or the color of your skin, or maybe they just don’t like YOU. If you really think about it maybe you just don’t fit in and that will be grounds enough to take away YOUR RIGHTS that should be guaranteed under THE CONSTITUTION of the good ole’ USA. Did your life change in any way, shape or form when I got married? It didn’t and it won’t, my marriage is mine and yours is yours, but if prop.8 is passed YOU will change my life in the most horrible way. My children and wife will lose their medical,dental, and vision insurance. And you will have taken away MY RIGHTS as a human being to be treated as an equal, not a second class citizen. Did any of you lose those things when I got married? NO YOU DID NOT. So think about things and really ask yourself if this is the right vote I’m making right now. Don’t believe the scare tactics that those negative ads are saying, NO ON 8 is about rights not religion. And we must keep church and state seperate because THAT IS WHAT OUR FOREFATHERS WANTED! EQUALITY FOR ALL! Not rights for you and none for you! NO ON 8!!!!

17. ~Julie Phineas~

October 23, 2008 at 5:27 pm

Dear Vern of the ORange Juice Blog…

I apologize for making it seem as though your entire blog was Pro Prop 8. I adjusted the entry in the post to reflect this, and just to make up for it, I’ll do a highlight post about your site this weekend. ;o)

Thank you for the links and for setting me straight with your comment.

Love and Peace!

~Julie Phineas~

18. ~Julie Phineas~

October 23, 2008 at 5:24 pm

hateful?

Yes I hate it when I’m being discriminated against.

perversion?

We don’t ask straight couples where they stick their tongues and such! And how can you be so sure we are even having sex? LOL We’re just like you, and if you don’t want us to have sex then let us get married cause that’s a sure way to kill the romance HAHA j/k But seriously, intimate relations between a man and wife are non of your business so why are you making it your business with gay couples? Gay marriage is not about sex, it is about protecting your relationship and your families rights.

not a bigot?

Then why are you OK with voting on civil rights that are basic and afforded to ALL Americans?

19. ~Julie Phineas~

October 23, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Emily…

Marginalization? We are not disputing the fact that it takes a man and a woman to create a child. How a child is created is none of your business whether a straight couple or gay couple creates a child. Gay marriage does not marginalize anyone, it simply endorses that all families are equal. The orientation, economic status, religious beliefs all fall by the wayside when it comes to equal rights and our children. You didn’t answer my question from my post – WHat Make YOUR children Deserve protections under the law and not mine???

~Julie~

20. ~Julie Phineas~

October 23, 2008 at 5:08 pm

Dear Yes on Prop 8 commenters… Please keep adding your links to this post! If your blog isn’t on the list please put it here… ProtectMarriage.com WONT list you but WE will! We are giving you an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY to be heard, whether we agree or not. List your blog and best Yes on Prop 8 posts here so we can join the conversatioN!

21. Jenime

October 23, 2008 at 4:54 pm

Hey Vern!

Do you have any idea what that guy in the video was actually arrested for? I’m curious as hell.

22. Sei

October 23, 2008 at 4:18 pm

Am I allowed to be surprised that no one ever wants to discuss the fact that I’m not a Christian and do not see this as a sin, and that there are a lot of religions that do not see homosexuality as a sin, and some even allowed for same-sex marriage? Which means that banning same-sex marriage is a violation of my religious rights?

23. Vern Nelson

October 23, 2008 at 3:35 pm

hey Lez, this is Vern Nelson from the Orange Juice Blog; I headed over here to see why you were linking to us; I hoped it was for one of my great anti-8 articles, or one of Art Pedroza’s or Sarah Spinosa’s great anti-8 articles, or even better one of my PARODIES (written by my homophobic alter-ego PHOBIUS) that take Pro-8 arguments to absurd extremes.

But no, you came across one of Larry Gilbert’s pro-8 things. We have a big variety of opinion on our blog, and Larry has been more and more of a predictable GOP hack. But rest assured whenever he does something Pro-8 he gets ripped a new one by most of his co-bloggers AND readers. Go ahead and click on that story you linked.

Or this from yesterday had some real good arguments in the comments section:
    http://orangejuiceblog.com/2008/10/did-mrs-saucedo-cunningham-send-prop-8-supporters-to-santa-ana/ (that post is by art, starting by excoriating his ex-friend, Republican activist Jubal, and Jubal’s wife, for pushing for 8)

I’ve done probably half a dozen anti-8 posts, here’s one of my favorites from a month or two ago:

And my favotie Phobius parody:

Last of all, I hope you notice that we have a big No on 8 banner near the top of our blog. We are on your side, sister!

24. Sei

October 23, 2008 at 2:44 pm

The Rogue Quill,

If you want to talk violence, I can cite about a dozen or so incidents of unprovoked violence from the other side towards people for just being gay.

Tensions are high in California, and yes, there are going to be incidents. However, I must point out that disturbing a sign on someone’s yard is also a crime. It is a crime of property damage, vandalism and trespassing. So, just to note, it is a crime to disturb lawn signs unless they are public grounds.

Incidentally, your link is defunct.

Given that most people supporting Prop 8 do not want to actually engage in an actual debate on the merits of same-sex marriage and resort to the same old tired lies, can you imagine why many of us in the LGBTI community have gotten tired of actually trying to have an adult debate and resorted to name calling.

And they are lies. They are also, incidentally, preventing many of us from exersizing our Constitutionally protected Religious rights. I know that sounds rather baffling, but if marriage is a religious right, then it must be interpreted in the most broadest of senses and set to include all religious beliefs about marriage. If it not a religious right, then it must be extended to all of those who wish to engage in healthy marriage. That would exclude, incidentally, incest, but would include polyamory.

The problem is that the only way for marriage to be considered only between ONE man and ONE woman is to base it solely upon the interpretations of Christian scholars from the sixth century AD and to exclude any and all other interpretations of marriage from all other religions and cultures.

Same-sex marriage does not harm children. In the cultures that allow it, practicing it has meant that straight marriages have actually gone up not down since allowing for a marriage friendly environment means more people get married. And, finally, the reason why marriage between two people of the same sex does not match the numbers of the marriages between opposite sex individuals is because, like it or not, we are a minority of the population and will never be able to have a statistically significant number of the marriages that take place. If you believe any of that, then you must also believe that two people of different races should not get married since they are the same arguments that were used four decades ago to try and prevent interracial marriages.

25. TheRogueQuill

October 23, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Actually, Jen, I’m a female. :^)

And, yes, TheRogueQuill is the happiest pen name ever, thank you.

Way to be immature by insulting my intelligence. You’re only hurting yourselves, you know, by acting childish.

I love how you anti-Prop 8 advocates are the ones being hateful. I clearly stated in my blog that I in no way hate homosexuals. I and many other advocates for Prop 8 are trying our best to be peaceful, but you folks on the other hand seem to be sinking to malicious and even violent lows–yes, violent: http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20081013/pl_usnw/prop8_supporter_violently_attacked_for_distributing_lawn_signs.

26. Jenime

October 23, 2008 at 11:21 am

Keep holding your breath, kiddo.

By the way, “The Rogue Quill” is the gayest pen name ever.

(Ooh, I could hear his remaining brain cell pop.)

27. theroguequill

October 23, 2008 at 10:45 am

You’ve blacklisted my blog, I see. You flatter me. :^)

Thanks for the satisfaction of knowing I’ve made noise.

Yours truly,

TheRogueQuill
    Protect Marriage – YES ON PROP 8

28. Christocentric

October 23, 2008 at 8:44 am

I must be doing something right to make your list.

Thank you!

Carlotta

29. Sei

October 23, 2008 at 5:20 am

Oh, and I forgot, various Christian denominations cannot agree upon what is a sin. They cannot agree upon whether or not there are ten or twelve Commandments. They cannot agree on the wording of the Bible.

And then there is the other issue. If I am not a Christian and I believe in same-sex marriage and believe that it is not a sin in the eyes of my Gods, then you have violated the Constitution.

And, guess what, I’m not a Christian.

30. Sei

October 23, 2008 at 5:18 am

According to various Native American cultures, men like Mark and Anonymous #22 are the ones with the effed up, screwed up, disgusting world view and their view of marriage is well out of step with their culture.

What is out of step with our culture, or suppose to be, is this notion that a single segment of our culture, namely the Fascist Ultra-Conservative Religous minute minority within our culture should have the power to dictate policy that impacts us all.

Ignorance and Prejudice are a choice. Being homosexual is not. Unfortunately, these are people who have been taught to believe only in a tiny, tiny portion of the Bible and not the parts where God taught us to think for ourselves. They believe in the End Times despite God’s Covenant in which He stated that He would never again destroy the Earth so long as Humanity took over the role of Governing ourselves and stopped relying upon his Words for our governance.

31. Anonymous

October 23, 2008 at 3:39 am

Understand, your f*cked up world view on marriage will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER stand without a fight!

This is bullsh*t, knowing damned well that begin “gay,” “lesbian,” “transgendered” or whatever the f*ck you call yourselves is nothing more than perversion made into an identity. To even equate what you degenerates are doing, trying to make it compare to what the Civil Rights movement did for blacks is a personal affront to me as a black person. All of this for just to have a woman’s tongue in your pussy or a dick up a man’s ass, and then try to present to the public as normal….DISGUSTING!!

Those that are against having the gay agenda rammed down people throats will stand up and beat your asses at the ballot box, protests and other means to keep from having this sh*t spread any further than it needs to.

32. beetlebabee

October 22, 2008 at 11:58 pm

So, thanks for the blacklist. It got me some well deserved fame and glory. :-) Though I have to say, some of my readers were disappointed not to be on the list. Let me know when you have an update. I’ll update mine too.

33. emily

October 22, 2008 at 11:24 pm

you didn’t get mine on the list!

thanks for this post.

Marriage is our culture’s ultimate expression of equality–-it takes one man and one woman to create children. Even if a marriage can’t have children or choose not to have children the definition of their relationship expresses this equality.

One could see a lesbian union as a marginalization of men, or a homosexual union as a marginalization of women.

I don’t believe government should sanction the marginalization of any gender (or more importantly, parent). And even though some families can’t have children, or choose not to have children, you can’t separate the child-issue from the marriage issue.

there is a great discussion here:

34. ~Julie Phineas~

October 22, 2008 at 9:39 pm

Mark… have you married your goldfish yet??? j/k ;o)~

35. Jenime

October 22, 2008 at 9:20 pm

Ridiculous. I don’t know how you can expect to be taken seriously if you’d take negative action against your children to prove a homophobic point. Let them fast against us or whatever they want. It’s the equivalent of a child holding their breath to get what they want. Just a last ditch effort, made in crazed desperation when you know you’ve already lost.

36. ~Julie Phineas~

October 22, 2008 at 9:09 pm

From The Top Ten Ways to Respond to Anti-Gay Remarks:

#7
    Remark:
    If gay marriage is legal people will want to marry their pets, and schools will teach children that gay marriage is OK.

Response:
    Straight people have been getting married (and divorced!) for thousands of years, yet still they aren’t marrying their pets. Plus, teachers are already teaching children of gay parents that straight marriage is OK.

The rest of these are here: http://lezgetreal.com/2008/10/ten-ways-to-respond-to-anti-gay-remarks.html

37. ~Julie Phineas~

October 22, 2008 at 9:05 pm

Mark…

Who do we think we are? We are humans… just like you! And for the record, if your sister was your mother that would mean your father had sex with his daughter and that is a crime.

Let me ask, if parents are the only ones who teach kids, then why send them to school? Now the issue of sex being taught in schools is a whole different proposition.

The being said, Proposition 8 is not about schools, it is about marriage and equal rights for ALL families.

All kids are taught about straight families at school ALL the time in coloring pages, story books, and holiday observances. Not only are gay families underrepresented, but so are single parent families, families with a parent who has passed on, etc.

If you want to continue to believe that its wrong and we are wrong when we say that “It’s OK to be Gay”, look at it like this… children in school are taught about jewish holidays, christian ones, black history month, hispanic heritage month, mothers day, fathers day, and many many more holidays. Just because I am not Jewish doesn’t mean that I can’t teach my children to respect Jewish people and their rights to observe their culture.

38. Sei

October 22, 2008 at 8:45 pm

Have you ever noticed how many people try to drag incest and zoophilia (beastiality) into the discussion without having an actual argument. I could go on, but really, those who rant tend to just destroy their own argument by, well, ranting.

39. Mark

October 22, 2008 at 8:38 pm

You sick freaks of America,
    Lets just say for fun that my sister is my mother and I am going to start teaching your children that its OK for them to bobo their brothers or sisters. Since your opinion is “OK to be gay” is to be taught in a public school. Who the heck do any of you think you are. When has it been taught that being gay wasn’t OK in schools…oh yea…NEVER. Just wasn’t talked about just like being straight isn’t talked about. Sex between a man and a woman or even you homos thoughts about sex shouldn’t be taught in schools anyway. That’s what being a parent is called. Parents have the ONLY right to teach their children about these matters and NOBODY else. So go ahead and try to pass this and I swear with my last dying breath your little gay kids will think it’s just jim dandy to hump family members and even some barnyard animals.

40. Sei

October 22, 2008 at 8:38 pm

Did not God command all of humanity to ‘do unto others as you would have them do unto you.’

41. ikea4u

October 22, 2008 at 8:34 pm

What about teaching our kids to just be respectful human beings? teach them to be tolerant of people who are different from them in color, religious background and social economic backgrounds. Teach them to respect the elderly and have good manners while in public. Teach them to be upstanding, caring and decent human beings who have the ability to keep an open mind when it comes to gay people, old people, nerdy people, straight people, black people, purple people, yellow people, rich people, poor people, cute people, ugly people, skinny people, fat people, smart people, dumb people etc…the list is endless…teach the children tolerance, compassion and integrity. This is what’s missing.

42. flyboy- Richmond, VA

October 22, 2008 at 8:32 pm

Morality is not taught in schools. Respect and tolerence is taught in schools. BIG DIFFERENCE. Nobody is telling these kids that you should all be gay or gay is the only way. They ARE teaching these kids to respect gay people the way you want to be respected. They are teaching them that all people are different in their own way and that they should respect each others differences. And as far as tecahing about homosexuality, SEX EDUCATION IS NOT MANDATORY IN CALIFORNIA. Kids CANNOT be forced to learn about homo-sex if they dont want to.

43. Reamworks

October 22, 2008 at 10:31 am

Some Evangelical Ministers are urging people to Vote NO on Proposition 8. Also, isn’t the parental notification initiative more important to Christians?

44. p.Johanna

October 22, 2008 at 10:08 am

I know a Vice Principal of a school (she is a lesbian, by the way) and I know a teacher (also a lesbian). They tell me that they have several kids that have same sex parents at their respective schools. My point is: kids know about this already, they talk to each other, what do they think they are protecting them from? My other point is: PAY FOR PRIVATE SCHOOL, THEY SHOULD BE WORTH IT RIGHT?

45. Brittany Marie

October 22, 2008 at 10:03 am

I can’t even look at these pages…it makes me literally sick to my stomach. There will be some serious uprise if the prop passes….

46. Queers United

October 22, 2008 at 7:13 am

im gonna leave a post on all their pages

47. Rose T-H

October 22, 2008 at 6:55 am

Selecia Jones- JAX FL,
    It is okay for the famlies who support Prop 8 to do this, yet when a PARENT suggests what a nice suprise it would be to have their children suprise their teacher who got married in S.F be outside
    it is so wrong
    Not only that but it is okay for prop 8 to continue to lie about the schools and they will not stop at any lies is just wrong
    In my opinion it is the Yes on Prop 8 people who are hurting their children
    Blessed Be

48. Selecia Jones- JAX FL

October 22, 2008 at 6:39 am

Keep them at home!!! Not just for a day either. Home school them to be little, bigoted, ignorant creeps.

Actually keeping children out of school because you disagree with a ballot initiative is child abuse…the subversive type. That is probably the day that they were teaching tolerance and they missed it. Too bad.

Child abuse, plain and simple.

49. Disgusted American

October 22, 2008 at 6:04 am

That sounds about RIGHT..Ignorant…becuase as you know..there are NO REAL problems in America these days…everything is Sunshine,and Rainbows…there’s NO poverty, everyone has Health care…there’s No wars..No national Debt etc etc….these people are some mentally Ill individuals…who think that 2 Consenting Loving adults Marrying is somehow MORE important then the 1000′s of problems facing ALL Americans at this time in history….America is one sick place…and the GOP is it’s nurse…can you say “Flatline”

50. David

October 22, 2008 at 6:03 am

I guess those parents that kept their children home from school in protest want their children to grow up as ignorant as they are.