perezMiss California was asked a question by one of the judges who happened to be none other than Perez Hilton at the Miss USA Pageant, and of course you know it was a good one.

Miss California to answer a question about same-sex marriage after the recent legalization of gay marriage in Vermont, and her answer concluded that she believed that she thought that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Here is the video:

WOW.

I have to give it to this girl for standing up for what she believes in at a really tough moment.

Though I totally don’t agree with what she calls “opposite marriage” being the only choice that we have in America, california1I can commend her for giving a complete response that was completely honest, and took a stand for what she was raised to believe. However, I have come to the conclusion that we should all take a moment in our lives to question what we were raised to believe, especially before raising our children to believe in something. I take into consideration here that Miss California is not a mother, and is relevantly young. I think it’s completely possible that she will change her stance on this issue in the future, and am fine with watching to see what will happen with this one.  Perez Hilton however? Not so much.

After the show, in true juicy gossip style Perez Hilton recorded a vlog about the topic and let us know what was going on in his mind over the whole Miss California incident:

(**the video is a little gray at first but it will fix after watching for a few seconds)

So, saying Perez Hilton is disappointed is an understatement… Perez is pissed.

And something you don’t ever ever want to do, is piss off Perez Hilton!! He is the “Queen of Mean” according to Rolling Stone, and famous for drawing on celebrity photos and uploading them to his blog. His blog has become a hotbed of exclusive celebrity photos, and in most cases the photos Perez posts are not at all flattering. That being said, it seems that Miss California has earned her “don’t piss off the media” wings with her newly posted photo gracing the front page of Perez Hilton’s blog right now.

The picture mentions Miss California’s connection to Michael Phelps and, well, you just have to see for yourself what he drew next to her mouth.

You can find the photo that Perez Hilton posted of Miss California today HERE.

So tell us what you think about Miss California’s response to Perez Hilton’s question, and what you think about Perez Hiltons’ response to Miss California’s answer. ;o)

Julie Phineas Julie Phineas is a work at home mom of 2 who lives in Southern California. You can find out more about her online by visiting her website at www.juliephineas.com.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

comments

42 Responses to Perez Hilton Disappointed in Miss California – And Now She Needs to Watch Her Mouth

1. Jill

May 17, 2009 at 7:10 pm

Perez Hilton is the most disgusting man I have ever seen! I could care less if he is disappointed.

2. ~Julie Phineas~

April 25, 2009 at 2:29 am

hey jacinda i changed to gravatar to a blank man, the only other options were monsters and shapes ;o)~

3. Rhonda

April 23, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Just WHO IN THE WORLD DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, Perez??? I never even HEARD of you until this. I suggest YOU open the pages of a Bible and educate yourself. KUDOS to this beautiful woman, with the heart of God for NOT being ashamed to publicly state her convictions.

4. Pingback: On Miss USA and intolerance… | THE Right Side of Wisconsin Blog Network

5. Carl DeMarco

April 21, 2009 at 7:55 pm

real idiot

6. Carl DeMarco

April 21, 2009 at 7:54 pm

idiot

7. J

April 21, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Carrie Prejean answered Perez’ question with guts, conviction, confidence and personally rather than giving some pat, boring answer regarding federlism and states rights that Perez calims to be looking for. Amazingly hypocritical that Perez is clinging to something as “conservative” and traditional as states rights, a core concept of our founding fathers. Does he realize that his support of states rights makes him a potential right wing terrorist according to Janet Napolitano, the head of the Department of Homeland Security appointed by his Perez liberal savior of a president. That flew over his head. Perez is the real dumb b—- !!!!!!!!

8. Roy

April 21, 2009 at 7:19 pm

So , now we know perez is a facist. Who would’ve guessed?

9. Sei

April 21, 2009 at 6:04 pm

Ok,

you guys do understand that Perez Hilton does not write for this site, and, as far as I know, he does not read this site? Any comments directed at him should be made at his site. That is, assuming that he takes public comments.

10. Marie

April 21, 2009 at 5:49 pm

Perez Hilton (even your name is fake) you just did a disservice to your fellow gay people. Last time I checked this country is still a democracy where you can express your opionon without fear of retaliation, Miss California expressed her opinion and you punished her. because you did not like her answer. You are a disgrace. Next time don’t ask the question if you think you won’t like the answer. There is no place for politics in this organization. Miss California should be celebrated because she stood up for bulies like you. Shame on you, you vengeful creature!

11. liberty justice

April 21, 2009 at 4:01 pm

What’s a “Good Christian Girl”, who attends a christian college; doing taking part in a beauty pageant in the first place? She’s to be commended for giving an honest answer to a very loaded question, and embarrassed for being seen almost naked in front of millions of people. I’m sorry but a good christian girl doesn’t appear on television wearing sequin encrusted underwear with her face painted like a whore.

12. grimreapersupra

April 21, 2009 at 3:56 pm

I think Perez is an idiot! All of these gay people need to wake up and smell evolution! Even if you dont believe in God, evolution even says it doesnt work. Get a life Perez! I dont know how you can live with yourself and the career you have. You make money talkin shit on people. YOU’RE NOTHIN BUT A LITTLE BITCH

13. Mass

April 21, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Ps….I just think you are jealous, as well…..

14. Mass

April 21, 2009 at 3:23 pm

You are such an asshole….don’t ask a question, if you cannot handle the answer….she has class and a future…you, whatever you are, do not…..

15. Jacinda

April 21, 2009 at 9:51 am

Well, I do agree that she could have answered that question a LOT better. *LOL* But, it still did not deserve the reaction she received.

Now, of course, there is that question thing. I used to watch the pageants some years ago. I always thought that asking ‘current affairs’ question was a waste of time because no one ever had an original answer. Hell, they should be asked questions about accessorizing. Put a model up on stage next to a table. The table is full of accessories and the model is wearing just a dress. The winner is who accessorizes the best. *grins*

16. Sei

April 21, 2009 at 9:39 am

Being asked about TARP is easier?

And, no, I don’t think she needs an apology.

Can I admit I don’t watch these pagents at all. I don’t find the women in them all that appealing.

17. Alley-Cat

April 21, 2009 at 9:20 am

Miss California was doomed from the moment that she was asked the question – a question that, in my opinion, should never have been asked. No matter what she said, she was going to alienate half of the population, since this is a pretty evenly divided, polarizing issue. I’m glad that she spoke up for what she really believes, and didn’t just try to skirt the issue. The other contestants were given much “easier” questions, and it did cost her the competition. Unfortunately, she also didn’t respond well… Miss California stammered a bit, and said “in my country”, etc. The pageant should be based on the poise and clarity with which the contestant gives their answer… but the question itself made it so the whole process was unclear and tainted. Was it her delivery that cost her? Or was it the content? I feel bad for Miss North Carolina… who wants to win with that kind of cloud hanging over their victory? But thank you, Miss California, for giving an honest answer. I don’t know what Perez was hoping to accomplish, but he certainly does NOT help his cause whatsoever.

18. bad-brad

April 21, 2009 at 9:12 am

I have to agree with ya on that one. ROFLAMO

19. bad-brad

April 21, 2009 at 9:00 am

Sei,
    I missed the ammenetment thing, I was working on something else at the same time. I reintegrate, she needs a public appology…

20. bad-brad

April 21, 2009 at 8:57 am

Sei, never the less, there was no reason for Perez to call her out of her name and for that he needs to applogize. The comment was not called for….

21. Sei

April 21, 2009 at 8:54 am

Rick Collins,

Many of us would like to see Mr. Hilton go away. Unfortunately, it seems every time we try to put him in the grave he comes back like the ghost of recycled beans. Still, Ms Prejean doesn’t help the other side much, so it all balances out, I guess.

Bad Bob-

FIFTH AMENDMENT RIGHTS? She’s under oath and on trail at one of these events? Does she get to go to jail if she wins?

Her rights, neither her first nor her fifth were violated.

In the end, the fact that she couldn’t come up with a coherent answer is what cost her, not the content of her answer itself.

22. bad-brad

April 21, 2009 at 8:51 am

While her answer may not have been the best one, there is no reason for her to be disrespected like she was. That was appalling and she deserves an appology. There is no reason to disrespect her in this way because people don’t like her answer. She was not disrespectful to anyone, infact she say insisted that she did not wish to offend anyone.

23. RICK COLLINS

April 21, 2009 at 8:43 am

As a rampart woman loving man who voted NO on 8 because I think that gays should have the same rights as everyone else I feel that the Gay community should shut Perez down.

He is the reason why the “average Joe” does not support the initiative. If I had asked Perez his opinion and he said what we all know he would have said and I had called him a raging homo for it I would probably be charged with a hate crime. Much like the Jesse Jackson’s and Al Sharton’s of this world, reverse racism and reverse bigotry, should not be allowed. Perez is a biggot. We are supposed to accept his opinion where he will not accept any kind of counter opinion. She is a dumb bitch because she doesn’t agree with him. If 8 is voted down next time around you can bet your ass that his comments will help fuel 8′s opponents and SORRY but so they should… PEREZ DOES NOT HELP THE CAUSE FOR GAY RIGHTS!!!

24. bad-brad

April 21, 2009 at 8:43 am

It is unbelievable the way this guy thought it necessary to disgrace this lady’s name. She was asked a question and answered to her beliefs. We so often criticize the government for answering questions the same way he wanted her to answer this one and now he wants her to follow suite. This is a violation of her 5th ammendment right and nned to be investigated. She was very respectful in the way she answered the question and I applaud her honesty and courage to speak-up for the way she feels. I was told as a young boy, don’t ask a question if you don’t want to here to answer. Press on my California, you are a great american…..

25. Sei

April 21, 2009 at 8:37 am

Jacinda-

While I do not agree with Lezgetreal’s categorization of Ms Prejean, the fact that she comes off sounding like a complete and total idiot is rather bad. I mean, she cannot tell if California is a state or a country, she calls heterosexual marriage ‘opposite marriage’, and seems to completely mangle her though processes. I think her answer did loose her the crown (though I honestly don’t watch pagents as I tend to find almost all of the women in them to be repulsive). She couldn’t string together a coherent sentence, and that is what cost her the crown.

I have a learning disability, and I sometimes struggle to put words into the right order. I really should feel insulted to have this woman lumped in with people who have a legitimate learning disability.

As for the face by your posts, I think that’s randomly generated.

26. Jacinda

April 21, 2009 at 8:00 am

On an off topic note – why do I have that ugly mean looking smiley face in my posts? *LOL* That is so not me.

27. Jacinda

April 21, 2009 at 7:58 am

Lezgetreal – How can you even say that this girl is mentally challenged? She was asked a question and she answered it positively and honestly. Just because you don’t agree with her doesn’t make her mentally challenged. This kind of attitude hasn’t worked for straights. It makes them look stupid and there’s no difference in that when you say it. There has to be a mutual respect in discussions like this both publically and privately. You disagree with her stance on the issue, that is fine. But to call her mentally challenged when she was clearly of sound mind is as bad as Perez’s tirade against her. He’s all shock anyway. Of course, your’re entitled to your opinion. I for one refuse to lower myself into a debate with that kind of attitude regardless of what side I am on. As I said before, I believe the same thing Ms. Prejean does. I’m opposed to same-sex marriages. But, I am not opposed to others having that right. I believe their rights are secured by the US Constitution. And as I said before, you are entitled to your opinion, but it’s snipes like ‘mentally challenged’ towards a person because of their opinion that only hampers any real understanding between the two sides and puts you in the same ballpark as the Perez’s of the world.

28. NICOLe

April 21, 2009 at 7:30 am

KUDOS TO MS. PREJEAN…. for being honest about her opinion and belief….WHAT HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH, especially since she was asked the question…..does tolerance only go one way Mr. Hilton? I’m with Dave on that one!!!! Clean upn your act or get off the bench….there is no room for this abusive misjudgement!

SHE IS THE WINNER! She is Beautiful, inside and out, eloguent and graceful. She has won a crown that no one can take away from her. May God Bless ALL her endeavors. We the people will be praying for you, Mr. Hilton…..And you owe her an apology…….because you will answer to this …like it or not!

29. trev

April 21, 2009 at 5:39 am

WELL DONE Miss California!!! U brave SuperStar, YOU showed Perez what is TUFF, You should be Miss.USA as you spoke up for freedom of speech which you know would cost you the title, because of today’s “popular fancy” on the same-sex topic. By the way, You are drop dead gorgeous!!! Perez you little MEANIE PUNK COWARD!!!

30. Leonard Sowah

April 21, 2009 at 4:39 am

Hooray Miss California, what does Perez Hilton think, that he can stifle free speech. Miss California was not disrespectful at all. I am surprised and disappointed at all those who booed at her. Those who booed at her are those who are unAmerican. I am an immigrant and I came to this country because I believe it allows free speech in all spheres of life. Miss California you are the beautiful and your bravery is what America is famous. PEREZ HILTON I HEARD YOUR INTERVIEW YESTERDAY ON CNN AND YOU NEED TO APOLOGISE TO MISS CALIFORNIA. MISS CALIFORNIA YOU ARE THE BOMB.

31. Pingback: lezgetreal

32. Linda

April 20, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Only in America is tolerance defined as tolerating special interests. Miss California has a right to answer the question truthfully. Maybe your own lack of success in relationships has to do with asking loaded questions. Miss California is accurate is saying that in the US people have the right to vote and choose. States have individual rights. Is she supposed to say she supports gay marriage. I think your foul mouth and finger demonstrate 1/2 brain tendencies.

33. Greg

April 20, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Wow, who is this deuchebag Perez Hilton. I guess it’s only OK to stand up for what you believe on national television if you’re left wing. I haven’t heard anything about Miss North Carolina’s pathetic answer about how taxpayer money should go towards welfare. How about national defense to protect our freedoms? Basically, Miss North Carolina gave an answer for a socialist state and won, and Miss California gave a Christian answer and lost. Our country is going downhill fast if people like Perez Hilton are getting the last laugh.

34. Renee

April 20, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Perez Hilton had every right to be upset however the slut shaming photo that he posted on his blog is unacceptable. The man had never shown any respect for women period. His antics are not amusing. By putting up that photo he engaged in the same kind of hatred that he accused her of.

35. Patricia

April 20, 2009 at 12:55 pm

I absolutely detest Perez Hilton, however, I’m all for gay/lesbian couples having the same rights and benefits that my husband and I have enjoyed for the last 21 years. What I found interesting, in another interview she says her Mom and her sister believe the opposite. So, I’m curious as to her statement “in my home”…sounds like she knew her answer was distateful, but wanted to blame it on how she was raised…so that ugly little bigot pill would go down easier!

36. Dave

April 20, 2009 at 12:17 pm

I guess you’re not allowed to be a Christian and win the Miss USA. I hope she sues since the only reason she lost was due to Hilton’s anti-Christian bigotry. PS-I support gay marriage, but bigotry goes both ways.

37. Carrie

April 20, 2009 at 12:15 pm

I saw this guy (perez hilton) for the first time on the news,,,what a waste of space you are!!! I first need too make it clear I dont care about any paegant, But,You, Sir, ought to be ashamed of yourself for the things you said about her,,,I could give a rats ass about your being gay, I have several family members and close friends that are lesbian, even schemed to get two of my good friends (lesbian) together!!! Although I am straight, I personnally think it would stimulate the economy if same sex marriage were legal,,,however,,,miss Ca. was speaking her mind,,,and answering you question honestly, as you instructed her to do,,,then for you to degrade her the way you did, shamful,,,,!!!! Hopefully the Gay, Lesbian, community won’t suffer from your stupity!!!

38. Marjorie

April 20, 2009 at 11:19 am

I also commend Miss California for standing up in what she believes in. It was what she was raised to believe and even though she was in a tight situation she didn’t waver. Perhaps she should have been a bit more neutral though since the Queen of Mean happens to be gay xD. But as Perez himself would say, his video brings the LOLs! He’s also standing up for what he believes in. And.. Darell I’m also interested and amused by your comments on a lesbian website since you obviously are NAUSEATED by it. Don’t vomit on your computer!

39. Jacinda

April 20, 2009 at 11:07 am

Congratulations to Ms. Prejean for stating her beliefs. Perez Hilton owes her a huge apology for his brutal and ignorant tirade on his vlog. It doesn’t matter that these two agreed or disagreed on the topic of same-sex marriage. She is entitled to her opinion. And it doesn’t matter whether she is young or has children. Her opinion is her opinion. I think, with her comment on ‘opposite marriage’ was just a stumble for words. I don’t believe in same-sex marriages either. I’m also not a mother. That doesn’t matter. What I am is American and in America we believe in our Constitutional rights. If the subject of same-sex marriages was to come to a vote in my state, I would not vote for it. But, I would also not vote against it. In other words, I would not support it, but would not stand against another person’s right to it.

40. queerunity

April 20, 2009 at 11:00 am

Darrell do you normally spend time surfing lesbian websites, promoting your anti-gay message? I find it interesting.

41. tricia

April 20, 2009 at 10:59 am

Props to Miss California for standing up for what she believes in, but in all truths, she did not answer the question. And to me, it sounded like she was getting cheers?? not booos.
    Also, I have to say, WHY is Perez Hilton a judge for Miss USA? What in the world does he know about Pageantry? It’s all about ratings. It’s ridiculous.

42. Darrell

April 20, 2009 at 10:16 am

The young lady is right. Hooray for her and rats to Perez for asking that question and pushing his agenda at that event. What a turd Perez Hilton is. I’m wishing the TV would stop promoting homosexuality in primetime. I find it nauseating fare. This country is going to the dogs, so to speak.