Rihanna’s Choice in Fashion at NY Gala Fuels Lesbian Rumors

In her first public appearance since having been assaulted by then boyfriend Chris Brown, singer Rihanna chose to wear a somewhat masculine Dolce & Gabbana suit to the event, adding fuel to the rumors that she is a lesbian.

Her last known appearance was recently on the island of Barbados where she vacationed with singer friend Katy Perry, which sparked rumors of a lesbian relationship between the two women, though no such relationship has ever been confirmed. Rihanna has been the target of a handful of rumors surrounding her sexuality, and now her choice of outfits at the 2009 MET Costume Institute Gala in NY has raised some eyebrows as well. Her outfit had puffed sleeves, cropped pants, and a black bowtie; plus her hair had streaks of blond and was slicked to one side.

Here is a video slideshow with pictures of Rihanna at the event:

Rihanna did not speak to any media at the event, and was the last celebrity to walk the red carpet.

READER POLL:

-Do you think her choice of outfits has anything to do with her sexuality?
-Do you think Rihanna is a lesbian?
-Does it matter to you whether she is a lesbian or not?

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment. Be sure to subscribe to keep updated on the latest!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

comments

16 Responses to Rihanna’s Choice in Fashion at NY Gala Fuels Lesbian Rumors

1. Allieeys

January 10, 2010 at 4:26 am

it is just to bad that Rihanna had a physically abusive boyfriend like Chris Brown. she is a very talented and beautiful woman, she does not deserve to be beaten by a guy like chris brown.

2. Jenny Davila

November 25, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Rihanna is the best singer in my opinion, she has a very good voice, a beautiful face and a very sexy body.

3. Wendy

May 17, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Well, If she is bisexual or lesbian it is her own business and I don’t care aslong as she is happy and healthy and far away from that bastard Chris Brown. Anyways she will be sexy no matter what she does or what her sexuality is. Go Rihanna. Love you !!

4. Schrack Attack

May 7, 2009 at 6:54 pm

All I see is a beautiful woman in a tux.

5. Pingback: Spaz Talk

6. Sei

May 6, 2009 at 4:51 pm

You know, we comment and report on the rumors. We don’t make them.

7. SpazTalkRadio

May 6, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Holy Diane Keaton! First, I agree with Lezzymom i love a woman in a tie. I could do without the jacket and its sleeves- but she does look great. It looks like she was comfortable while still feeling glamorous. Just because you cover up doesnt mean you’re a lesbian. After her very public ordeal she probably just wanted to show up in a more modest ensemble. What we should be saying or focusing on is how strong and courageous of a woman she is for being out and about, and enjoying the things her fame awards her. And Rihanna has an amazing body, shes def not too thin and has legs that go for miles, by covering up it was prob. saying “Hey let’s talk about something more important than how i look!”

I wish her the best, and im happy to see the slideshow, its good to know That Princess Rihanna is coming back to reign.

8. Pingback: GIVENCHY

9. jenime

May 6, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Whoa, I think its a bold statement about stereotypes on women. Good for her!

10. Pingback: Dominique Girard

11. Voy

May 6, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Those cropped pants do nothing for her. ^^;

Even so, I <3 Rihanna and don’t care if she kissed a girl and liked it. =P

12. lezzymom

May 6, 2009 at 11:30 am

I think she looks great. But I agree with Virginia there are probably outfits that will show off her figure more.

I don’t think she is a lesbian but my gaydar has never been very good.

hmmmm I must say I am a sucker for a woman in a tie though.

13. Media Ridiculousness

May 6, 2009 at 11:20 am

This “news” story confirmed a few things for me: today must be a slow news day, D&G are on a corporate designer mission to convert lesbians, Wendy Williams is a talentless hack that has only made her name on the talent of others.

14. Pingback: Cara

15. Virginia Macy

May 6, 2009 at 9:09 am

I don’t think that her clothes mean she’s a lesbian. She does look cute, and sexy, but the shoulders and sleeves of her jacket are UGLY. Her face is so pretty and she has the tiny body to work a suit better than if she had curves.

What does it matter if she is or isn’t a lesbian? Isn’t it more important that she get out of that abusive relationship?

16. Pingback: lezgetreal