AFA’s Bryan Fischer Wants To Deport All Muslims In The US

04/09/10-by Bridgette P. LaVictoire
It should not be surprising that the people at the American Family Association are, well, a bunch of bigots. It is also not unknown to the LGBT Community that the AFA is very much opposed to anything that offends their delicate Christian sensibilities such as homosexuality and Islam. Bryan Fischer of the AFA has issued this statement:

[T]he most compassionate thing we can do for Americans is to bring a halt to the immigration of Muslims into the U.S. This will protect our national security and preserve our national identity, culture, ideals and values. Muslims, by custom and religion, are simply unwilling to integrate into cultures with Western values and it is folly to pretend otherwise. In fact, they remain dedicated to subjecting all of America to sharia law and are working ceaselessly until that day of Islamic imposition comes.

The most compassionate thing we can do for Muslims who have already immigrated here is to help repatriate them back to Muslim countries, where they can live in a culture which shares their values, a place where they can once again be at home, surrounded by people who cherish their deeply held ideals. Why force them to chafe against the freedom, liberty and civil rights we cherish in the West?

In other words, simple Judeo-Christian compassion dictates a restriction and repatriation policy with regard to Muslim immigration into the U.S.

While I, and many others, do not agree with some of the tenants of Islam as it is currently practiced, the thing about having freedom of and from religion in the United States is that it means that not only can a person who is Muslim practice their religion, but someone like Fischer can practice his. Indeed, without freedom of and from religion, Mr. Fischer would have been forced to be an Anglican if he wanted to have anything like a vote for Congress or property rights.

What is more, as much as Fischer wails against the practice of sharia, what he and his group are proposing is nothing more than a form of sharia- a Christian form, but a form of religious based inflexible law which would require things like the execution of homosexuals for being, well, homosexual. Their ideology is not that far different from those who demand sharia. Never mind that Fischer and company are dedicated to ensuring that abortion be illegal and that divorce be done away with.

I have met many a Muslim in the United States, and the majority of them assimilate. Usually it is not until the second generation that they assimilate, but they assimilate. I met a woman who was Iranian who was fully assimilated into the culture of the United States- indeed, I went to school with her. I knew a woman in college who was Muslim- and she was born in this country.

Oopse, that is the other problem, is it not. You cannot repatriate many Muslims in this country because- GASP- they were born here. Some grew up with Islam, and some converted, but the fact is, they are native born Americans. Of course, that does not really matter to someone who is trying to use Islam as a means by which to scare others into supporting their position. After all, it is better to the minds of men like Fischer to be bigots in power than to be tolerant and not in power even if it means the deaths of others and the continued radicalization of Muslims. Indeed, if it were not for men like Fischer, many radical Muslims would not be created because intolerance and bigotry often produce the opposite effect and breed more intolerance and bigotry from the other direction.

In truth, there are many law abiding Muslims who have a moderate view on the world and assimilate into the cultures that they move to, and there are many Muslims who are radicalized and demand a world where Islam is the only religion. This is true with Christians. After all, there are many Evangelical Christians who refuse to assimilate into German society because they, being Americans, demand that the Germans bend to their cultural views.

AFA’s Bryan Fischer: All Muslims Should Be Deported

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

comments

12 Responses to AFA’s Bryan Fischer Wants To Deport All Muslims In The US

1. Seculartopia

July 1, 2010 at 12:10 pm

http://afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147495801 Its funny how the AFA judges a religion based on a single radical viewpoint.

2. Pingback: What’s a Muslim Gotta Do to Go to Jail in Obamaland? « What Would Obama Do?

3. Dakotahgeo

April 10, 2010 at 10:56 am

By golly, I’m all for deporting those scary, nefarious Muslims… but ONLY if we can transport Bryan Fischer and the American Family Ass* members and their likes to the moon on a one way ticket. They can eat the cheese up there (I’ll bet they really believe that!), and gas themselves into the next world! Silly people!
    Dakotahgeo

• John Lopez

April 12, 2010 at 4:57 am

Tell him he’s doing it for the good of country;) I noticed that muslims only get deported but christians get rocketed to a moon with no atmosphere.

4. Pingback: AFA’s Bryan Fischer Wants To Deport All Muslims In The US — Winds Of Jihad By SheikYerMami

5. Pingback: Tweets that mention AFA’s Bryan Fischer Wants To Deport All Muslims In The US - Lez Get Real -- Topsy.com

6. Unite the Fight

April 9, 2010 at 8:22 pm

First, I really hope you send a copy of this to Mr. Fischer.

Second, why can’t Americans thrill in the idea of diversity, since after all, that’s the result of true freedom? I get excited when I meet Americans of different ethnicity, religion, orientation, some who immigrated and some who were born here. Why? Because it just underlines how amazing America is. It is so unique to human history and, despite economic and ideological turmoil, we’re thriving. Hey, we debate. That’s another result of freedom.

Having been raised in an Evangelical Christian household, I’ve seen both sides. No, I didn’t stick by what I was raised to believe because I disagreed on so many levels, and I didn’t quite appreciate the fact that I was told I was going to hell for being gay when I believed that God made me this way. But I do wish that many of them viewed America as I do – a true melting pot. (Though of course, I woudn’t force them to view it as I do! Ha!) Unfortunately, a melting pot sounds threatening to them because what it implies is the meshing of ideas and values, or at least tolerance. Sadly, and though many are not self-aware enough to see themselves this way, this they cannot abide by and work against it, with ignorance and bigotry a driving force.

It’s a real shame. I can’t say what Jesus would do or say (and believe it or not, it doesn’t truly matter), but what he did say is love your neighbour as yourself. What Mr. Fischer is proposing is antagonistic to Jesus’ command.

April 9, 2010 at 9:10 pm

An alloy is stronger than a pure metal.

But thank you.

• John Lopez

April 12, 2010 at 4:55 am

Looking at history and the birthrates of Western countries, this man’s argument makes a lot of sense. The thing is that he is too stupid and inflexible to realize that his organization and others unify his enemies.

What’s the purpose of articles like this? To inform, but also to get LGBTQ to sympathize. If he was smart, he would take a look at what Geert Wilders has done, looked at who the REAL enemy is and make peace with the gay community. 75% of gay men who are registered to vote in Holland have said they are strongly considering voting for Geert Wilders’ populist party. This is a country that wants to halt almost all immigration from Muslim countries, and outlaw the Koran (Mein Kamp is already outawed, so there’s a precedence of banning what their government deems to be dangerous books.) as well as other things.

If the AFA was smart, they would realize this.

7. Pingback: AFA's Bryan Fischer Wants To Deport All Muslims In The US – Lez … - Christian IBD

8. Pingback: B. Allan Ross