Melissa Etheridge on the Ellen DeGeneres Show: Avoids Tammy Break-up Talk

Melissa Etheridge
Image via Wikipedia

05/06/2010- by Natasia Langfelder

Melissa Etheridge appeared on her old friend, Ellen’s talk show yesterday. Melissa performed the title track of her album, Fearless Love. As someone from a generation where lip-syncing is the norm, it always amazes me how good Melissa’s voice sounds live.

Then came the interview. For those of you who don’t remember, Melissa’s and Tammy’s twins are three years old and she has a boy and a girl. Her kids with Julie are 13 and 11. They recap that she is completely cancer free and that cancer was a symptom of her out of order life and that now she has things back in order and is very happy. (Tammy reference?) Melissa also talks about American Idol, Crystal Bowersox, whose guitar she signed. She is a fan as is Ellen. Ellen then announced that everyone in the audience is getting a copy of Fearless Love.

Annnd end scene.  Not exactly the revelatory interview everyone was expecting when we learned that Melissa would finally be appearing on Ellen’s show again. What did you think? Are you satisfied with the Ellen interview? Did it clear up any of your questions?

Meanwhile, Tammy posted this on her blog:

spreading the peace flies out the window when you don’t speak true.hello, romeo?

posted by Tammy, midwestern girl/Mom | 30.4.10

Thursday, April 29, 2010

missing the target

because of the spinning

spin
spin
spin

Tammy also mentions that no one has asked her for her side of the story. I almost feel bad for her, even though anyone who reads this blog knows that she isn’t my biggest fan. It’s surprising that in the aftermath, no one is asking Tammy for her side of the story. I guess no lesbian news outlets want to piss off Melissa Etheridge.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

comments

26 Responses to Melissa Etheridge on the Ellen DeGeneres Show: Avoids Tammy Break-up Talk

1. Cyanide

June 29, 2010 at 1:41 am

seriously, Melissa should be “charged” for the “nursing” tammy gave? wtf? that what a spouse is supposed to do.. in sickness and in health… and sadly, nothing is forever in this life… i think that Tammy shoulda been grateful for all that Melissa provided, while she sat on her ass googling herself and ranting back to all those who had something to say about her… yes i get it, she had twins… whoa.. a biggie! My sister had twins and she didn’t quit her job… she took the time off that most women who work get when they are gonna have babies plus some more due to complications (but not years!!!!)… and she is the boss at her job… so I dunno was Tammy huge deal… Melissa didn’t stop herself when she got cancer….

2. Cyanide

June 29, 2010 at 1:32 am

ugh, that interview was so tepid. i mean seriously… they were such good friends since the late 80s! coincidence that after she broke up w/ tammy she went to ellen’s show… probably those rumors that tammy and ellen didn’t like each other were true… besides, tammy has mentioned a lotta lesbians in her blog but never mentioned ellen… since ya know, she is an expert at name dropping, or if not… “implying the name of a person”… glad that melissa feels “liberated” and not guilty about anything…

3. Annelise

May 29, 2010 at 2:09 pm

as much as I’ve been a fan of Melissa’s music, this is just crap. I’ve read Tammy’s blog. From the sounds of it, Melissa cheated, and you know. I believe Tammy, because in “The Truth Is: My Life In Love And Music” Melissa as much as told us she’s a cheater and a liar, and doesn’t care who she hurts to get to the top. Go read it, you’ll see what I mean. I did buy the album, and the song “Miss California” What? Is that supposed to be about Tammy? “You’ve gone and left me for some preachers way, now you act like you never knew me and you can’t hear a word I say” Now then Tammy says Melissa is the one who wasn’t talking to her, and “preachers way” to me sounds like Tammy’s claiming to be “strait” now… but I doubt that one. Since I do read her blog, sure looks as if she still considers herself a lesbain from the title.

Long comment short; Melissa: Cut the crap, stop cheating, stop blaming everyone else for the crap you do.

End

4. Christine

May 8, 2010 at 10:41 am

being one of the people that have personally felt the wrath of Melissa and her management, I am team Tammy my tell all book will be pretty good too!

5. cruh

May 6, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Wouldn’t it just totally SUCK if the illustrious Melissa Etheridge was really just a selfish liar and cheat. Natasia, why don’t you bury the hatchet and get Tammy’s side of the story. You’re not scared of Melissa, are you?

• Natasia Rose

May 7, 2010 at 8:47 am

girl, u know i’m working on it!

• cruh

May 7, 2010 at 11:34 am

Good luck with that, Natasia. I’ll be watching for that interview. I’ll just bet that Tammy won’t do it because it will impact the pending divorce settlement. It’s really in her best interest to be cool and quiet until she obtains financial security for those beautiful babies. Besides, the more Melissa makes on royalties, the more Tammy makes if she gets the right attorney. I’d ask for about 20%. She was with Melissa for about 1/5 of Melissa’s life…..and then there’s the cancer nursing thing….. that ought to be worth another 5% of her life. If Melissa was smart, she woulda thrown a pile of cash at this before it got out. It looks like somebody wasn’t thinking through the consequences for their actions. And if you publish an interview with Tammy, beware the rabid psychophants (urban spelling….more descriptive) that call themselves Melissa fans. Anything that Tammy says will be seen as malicious and hateful by those folks.

6. jbsky

May 6, 2010 at 11:40 am

Why don’t you show the comments?

May 6, 2010 at 11:50 am

Our comments are moderated. If you comment it may take some time for the comment to show up because we have to go in and approve it for content. We’ve had a lot of spammers try to use the comments to get their stuff across in a manner that appears to be a normal comment. Unfortunately, this means that we have to monitor all comments made. I would like to add that not all comments, even legitimate ones, make it through due to a variety of reasons. The rationale behind what gets through can often depend upon the author of the post herself.

• freedomofspeech????

May 6, 2010 at 1:40 pm

sounds like censorship to me

May 6, 2010 at 1:50 pm

No, it is not. If someone is abusive unnecessarily, we have the right to not allow their comments to be put out there. You would not believe the number of junk posts we also end up with. I often have to trash one out of four comments because they are junk and not really about the subject at hand or are spam.

• Ruby

May 6, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Has Julie decided she’s gay again?

• Natasia Rose

May 7, 2010 at 8:48 am

hey Ruby, word is Julie has a boyfriend at the moment

• 2thineownselfspktru

May 14, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Before She has to take it down!

Friday, May 14, 2010
      Healing My Own Enterprise

the Enterprise wants me to be quiet

everybody else has

money talks

green is so powerful in hollywoodland

but the truth is oxygen to me- more green

and i don’t play this game

and nothing has made it more clear

than these last 5 months.

i kept it pretty quiet

while the acid ate my insides

and now my stomach is gone

ulcers, no stomach lining,

so clearly i have to make a change

too much acid, let it go
      tell the truth somewhere
      even if the Enterprise hates me
      and reminds me i’ll be the only one
      who ever did it.

leak by leak, i need to help myself
      and truth is the only healing power.

there’s so much to heal.

posted by Tammy, midwestern girl/Mom | 14.5.10

• cruh

May 15, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I read this interview with Melissa yesterday…..pretty broad range of topics covered but this question really got my attention……. “MBG: Favorite guilty indulgence?

ME: I do not feel guilty about anything any more.” http://www.tonic.com/article/q-and-a-with-melissa-etheridge/ Ummmm…… this attitude explains ALOT!!!!! Can you say “entitled elitist?” I am concerned that Melissa’s fans truly believe that she IS entitled to use and abuse whom ever she pleases. I admire Tammy for taking on this hypcrite.

• Mary Ann

May 6, 2010 at 5:06 pm

I used to be a huge ME fan until this latest move of hers. I have totally lost respect for her. I will not buy her album nor will I go to any more concerts. She is so self centered ..everything is about her and her being happy with her life. When you have kids it isn’t about you, it is about the kids. My partner and I have six kids, have been together 13 years and somehow have managed to come through life’s challenges together. Neither of us are happy all the time…but our kids are! I am totally disgusted with Ellen and everyone else who hasinterviewed Melissa. They are not doing their jobs. They totally placate her. I hope that Tammy weathers this storm and comes out stronger. She should probably write the book before Melissa does. We all know it’s coming. She is marketing her new album like none before. My guess is she waited until now to reveal her break up with Tammy to get additional press. Break up, album release, tour, and next the book…..about how she found “her happieness.” (Doesn’t matter who she hurts to get there.) Sorry Melissa, this is one person who isn’t a fan anymore.

• Natasia Rose

May 7, 2010 at 8:47 am

I’ve never deleted anyone’s comments. If they didn’t get through, it’s bc something triggered the spam filter.

May 7, 2010 at 9:35 am

To clarify. Unless a post is completely off topic (such as trying to sell something or trying to hijack a thread to discuss politics when it’s about entertainment), unless it is my own posts, I let comments through. My posts are treated a little differently, but usually comments are allowed through even there.

• Natasia Rose

May 7, 2010 at 9:37 am

also, we let a lot of the abusive comments through…call it a committment to free speech.

• 2thineownselfspktru

May 14, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Before it comes down…. This was today’s blog post by Tammy. Interesting!

Friday, May 14, 2010
      Healing My Own Enterprise

the Enterprise wants me to be quiet

everybody else has

money talks

green is so powerful in hollywoodland

but the truth is oxygen to me- more green

and i don’t play this game

and nothing has made it more clear

than these last 5 months.

i kept it pretty quiet

while the acid ate my insides

and now my stomach is gone

ulcers, no stomach lining,

so clearly i have to make a change

too much acid, let it go
      tell the truth somewhere
      even if the Enterprise hates me
      and reminds me i’ll be the only one
      who ever did it.

leak by leak, i need to help myself
      and truth is the only healing power.

there’s so much to heal.