Lt. Dan Choi: “Harry Reid is a Pussy Who Bleeds Once a Month”

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - JUNE 28:   Celebrity Grand...
Image by Getty Images via @daylife

10/28/2010- by Natasia Langfelder

Um…so this is surprising. Lt Dan Choi who has been working this last year non-stop to make himself the face of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell repeal is actually a huge woman-hating woman hater. Pam Spaulding, of Pam’s House Blend, reported that Choi said in an interview with the Village Voice:

“Harry Reid is a pussy,” Choi angrily said after the failed vote in the Senate last month, vowing to speak out about the Democratic leader, “and he’ll be bleeding once a month.”

Hardcore huh? Choi couldn’t just call Reid a p*ssy, he had to get more anatomically correct than that. Pam let the remark lie, but that doesn’t mean her readers did. Choi responded with both sides of his personality. He tweeted:

Go ahead: call me a ‘misogynist.’ I’m still pro-choice, pro-ERA. I also happen to think @HarryReid is a #DADT #FAIL.

I appreciate your criticism; I apologize for using the slur, and resolve to educate others in any capacity I’m afforded in the future.

Keep it classy, Choi. Keep it classy. Can’t Henry Reid be a huge DADT fail without bleeding once a month? As LGR’s Bridgette P. LaVictoire pointed out in her piece on the Choi Village Voice article, Choi is a very polarizing figure. There seem to be two sides to Choi. The clean buttoned down side he presented early on in his career and the unstable jerk that is, apparently, hiding right below the surface.

Hey everyone, maybe we shouldn’t let him represent the LGBT community anymore. Last I heard, women were still a valued part of the US Military and Choi can’t possibly be speaking for all gay men when he is being a misogynist jerk. Lets be done with this guy.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

comments

7 Responses to Lt. Dan Choi: “Harry Reid is a Pussy Who Bleeds Once a Month”

1. Melanie Nathan

October 29, 2010 at 12:02 am

As you know I was the beast who outed Dan’s high price for speaking as a conflict of interests to his activism where – because upping the ante with antics related directly to his price. I took a lot of flak for that – but stood by my piece. Now all I say is wtf is wrong with a bleeding pussy Dan? All women have one. So yes if you use it as a slur – then you are stating you dislike women., Plain and simple. It matters not that you support appropriate legislation!~ Okay that said I will never forget my embarrassment for Dan when I viewed his speech at Harvard I believe where he spent a goo deal of time mocking his mother. I think he was the only one who thought it funny as one could hear a few forced attempts at laughter from the audience. He tried to be funny but it was not. He is not a responsible nor authentic spokesperson, Dan days are over…

• Barry

November 2, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Melanie – Ah so now we are getting dragged down into gender identity wars? I am no expert there, but my understanding is that NOT all who identify as women have a pussy that bleeds once a month. If someone so identifies, that is good enough for me. Is it not good enough for you? Just sayin’ it is a big leap or 3 you are making to get to the conclusion that the comments are evidence of women hating. As a mediator, I am sure you can do a better job of connecting the dot to make your point than that, or perhaps realize the dots don’t connect the way you want them too, and find a different path that actually connects.

Were it me, I’d look at the semiotics of the original claim (for which he seems to have promptly apologized btw), rather than to see it as ipso facto gender hating…again, just sayin’….

2. Eric W

October 28, 2010 at 11:01 pm

I lost respect for Choi many months ago. His call for civil disobedience was just a bit too corny. Plus, I was not too impressed how he wore the military uniform in his media stunts. Yeah, it got attention and got his face on the news…but I really don’t think it helped the cause. Go away Choi!

3. Tony O.

October 28, 2010 at 10:56 am

These comments by Choi just reflect the anger of self-described activists who want attention.

Besides Choi being a pig, remember this was the guy that was willing to starve himself to death for attention.

I’ve heard him speak a few times and i can’t figure out why anyone would pay a fee.  His 15 minutes were up a long time ago.

4. Janice

October 28, 2010 at 9:25 am

Never liked him, and after this and other recent questionable behaviors, I probably never will.
    I think he’s more of a hindrance than a help to us!

5. Nell

October 28, 2010 at 9:10 am

Yeah, he’s gross. In that same article, he bragged about being kicked of Grindr 4 times. Puke.

6. Bridgette P. LaVictoire

October 28, 2010 at 8:47 am

I did not want to comment on his statement yesterday because I probably do not come off as liking Choi very much anyway. I hate the idea of someone being this misogynist. I understand that I am not much of a man-lover (I have a rep for man-hating actually), but at least I’m not vulgar about it.