Do Ask Do Tell… Lindsey Graham about to be Outed

Lindsey Graham
Ma Amongst Men

Melanie Nathan; Dec 21-2010 – Well our  fellow Bloggers are a-buzzing, and that is what I love about  Bloggerish – we get to blogger ISH I mean DISH, sometimes.   But here we may well   have the real dish. Now for quite some time we have heard that someone in the Senate will be outed for being Gay and that person is a Republican.  No need for debate on this one – Are his initials LG? Many assert it must be “Graham; Senator Lindsey Graham.” Citing his aging  bachelorhood and his consistent anti-gay votes, we have the perfect recipe for a closeted self loathing homophobic homosexual.

Oh if only they would say GAY it should not sound nearly as awful as homosexual. But hey sorry when one  is outed it will be’ Homosexual’ whereas if one has the courage to “come out” then one gets to control the lexicon and GAY it can be.   So I am asking and Senator please do tell!

Take one look at Lindsey Graham, the Senator from South Carolina  and (sorry to stereotype, but he leaves stereotypes at the starter line. )  This man is a bachelor is not woman’s man but rather a man’s man – for sure.

So finally someone has the goods to OUT Graham;  … According to Joe My God’s Blog,  Wonkette  famed for exposing such hypocrites, is about to release pictures of an overnight guest – a man – leaving the home of our friendly bachelor.

Now I know my money would be good a on Graham  and there it should stay, but I am willing to wager a few more dollars on Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama) – anyone willing to camp outside his house?

Quote from Joe My God:- South Carolina’s favorite lifelong bachelor and former military prosecutor, is always reliably against homosexuals having any basic human rights in America because Lindsey’s a Republican, y’all. Anyway, famous outer-of-self-hating-queers Mike Rogers says he’s got pictures of one of Lindsey’s boy toys leaving Lindsey’s house. This would be SHOCKING because come on, everybody knows Republicans cannot be gay because Jesus did not make gays.”

….

A pair of tweets on Saturday from Michael Rogers, who claims a perfect outing record, suggests Graham – who continues to serve in the U.S. Air Force Reserves – might soon be deflecting more questions about his sexuality.

“I wonder if Lindsey Graham knows I have pictures of a man who spent the night at his house. pls RT,” Rogers messaged his followers.

About half an hour later, he added: “Just reached lawyer at home. Meeting set for Tues. on releasing pix of man who spent night at Lindsey Graham’s.” (ON Top Mag.)

Note: No one is innocent until proven guilty….

Melanie Nathan
nathan@privatecourts.com

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

comments

15 Responses to Do Ask Do Tell… Lindsey Graham about to be Outed

1. ComradeAnon

December 22, 2010 at 7:22 pm

I thought he and McConnell were old lesbians. I’m confused.

2. pat

December 22, 2010 at 3:10 pm

When you are promient political figure that has built a career on lies and deception, having your secret life revealed; the reaction is to continue to deny the truth.

3. Melanie Nathan

December 22, 2010 at 2:52 pm

yes indeed

4. Cathi Woodward

December 22, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Quite frankly, elected public officials deserve every bit of light shined on their hypocrisy.

5. Channing Thomson

December 22, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Lindsey Graham’s a big boy who’s done a lot of damage to the LGBT community. I’m sure he can fend for himself in this situation. I don’t think we need to play the sympathy harp in this instance. . . he can always move to Arizona and stay in John “Sad Day For America’s Military” McCain’s guest casita!

6. pat

December 22, 2010 at 2:14 pm

When you spent your life hiding your secret in the closet and lying; the truth is very difficult and embarassing to accept. Especially when you are a life long politican , afraid that the voters in your district may turn on you. H

7. Ian

December 22, 2010 at 1:47 pm

FAEN said: but when a politician campaigns against us, declares war if you like on my partner, myself, my community, our families while taking refuge in the closet…..that just isn’t on

This is almost sounds like an us or them ultimatum ala Bush V World. And look how well that was received ? Graham was elected by to office, he didn’t buy his way in ( at least I hope not! ) and his “politics” whatever they maybe, good or bad or foolish or naive is his politics. What he votes for is what his “voters” expect from him to. Does that make him a hypocrite ? Maybe, but it also make all this schadenfreude hypocritical if gays and lesbians are outraged at being outed against their will.

What I mean to say is , politics is politics, going to any lengths to “win” is Pyrrhic at best. Two wrongs don’t make a right and the road to hell and all that JAZZ…………

my 2 cents is all…..

• Melanie Nathan

December 22, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Ian – Still what you say may be sensible – however by virtue of his service for his Voters – if he had not come out himself and hidden who he is – at the outset, then he is still betraying his voters – he is a walking conflict of interests – if he was going to go anti-gay politically or pro gay politically dont you think he ought to level the playing field and let voters know who he is. Truth is if he is in fact GAy then he hid behind his feigned straightness to get elected and now he is voting anti-gay to keep his straightness…. ???

8. Dahgda

December 22, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Here is the problem – if the photo is just of the boy toy leaving, and nothing shows kissing or such… then there is still plausible deniability for him. And that will just drive him further into the closet. I am not a fan of outing, except (as others have said) in cases where someone is taking a prejudicial stance against us while engaging in the behavior they are condemning. A closeted politician in Congress who shows a willingness to consider both sides and votes without rancor and derision shouldn’t be outed – even if he often votes against what we consider our rights. There is a false assumption that all gay men and lesbian women equally support all pushes equally. But I know quite a few gay men in my circle who are not supportive of gay marriage – do I attack them for being less gay than I am? As more self-loathing? Nope – they just have no use for the instituion, some FOR political reasons.

But Sen. Graham is a valid target in my opinion because he has not just voted against our cause, but has done so with a large amount of derision. If someone has the goods to out him, then they should publish – but only if they really have it, not just implications that can be denied.

• Melanie Nathan

December 22, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Well Said Dahgda sensible…

9. Ian

December 22, 2010 at 9:08 am

Sure he’s homophobic, sure he looks a little light in the pants, does that make it okay to out him ?? I think not. And the people jumping with glee at his misery are the so called “gay-community” !?

So its okay to be mean-spirited to your foes just like how the homophobes have been to the “gay-community” ?? If anything, the gay community should say that Sen. Graham needs to disclose nothing and his sexuality one way or the other has no bearing on his politics.

I thought the “gay-community” was supposed to represent a morally and intellectually superior position but this display of schadenfreude just demonstrates that both sides of the “rainbow” are in the same muck.

• FAEN

December 22, 2010 at 11:56 am

Ian: By your own words you call Lindsey a homophobe which he is. As I said earlier, I am not a fan of outing but when a politician campaigns against us, declares war if you like on my partner, myself, my community, our families while taking refuge in the closet…..that just isn’t on. And he deserves to be outed. And if you want to talk about mean spiritedness, take a look at the GOTP who want nothing more than to have GLBT tax paying American citizens as a permanent second class. And frankly if youre gay, you have a lot of internal homophobia you need to deal with IMO.

• Melanie Nathan

December 22, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Faen you took the words out of my mouth- so to speak- Ian does not get the concept of hypocrisy and if he does then his passivity certainly does not help attain equality. I would never OUT a celebrity or any person for the sake of outing them; But when someone gets to VOTE on my LIFE – when someone gets to decide that its okay for same-sex couples not to be able to sponsor each other for green cards – AND that person is gay (closet or not) then he has in essence committed an overt betrayal of the worst kind.

Hence an Eye for an Eye – He betrayed me – I have no problem betraying him back. Now I am not usually a revenge oriented person but there is no other way to get to someone of power.

There is another important factor in outing him and that is the Holier than thou attitude of Republicans. The only way they are going to see the light if ever is to know that they have ONE SERVING AMONGST THEM. in the Senate hehehe…… (DADT STyle)

10. samthor

December 22, 2010 at 9:06 am

i agree. Outing should only be done when a public official is actively doing harm to the gay community.

11. FAEN

December 22, 2010 at 3:38 am

I’m not a fan of outing EXCEPT when an elected official actively works against the very community he belongs to. I hope Mike Rogers nails his ass to the wall.