Justin Bieber Thinks Gay is a Decision and Rape “Happens For a Reason”

Baby (Justin Bieber song)

Image via Wikipedia

02/17/2011- by Natasia Langfelder

It shouldn’t matter what 16 year old Justin Bieber thinks about gays, abortions or rape…but in our celebrity obsessed culture it does. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Bieber comes out as an extreme pro-lifer, even in cases where the woman is raped, saying “everything happens for a reason.” Although he does admit that rape is “really sad.” [Source] Yeah, thanks for that Biebs.

He also discusses homosexuality as a “lifestyle choice.” Saying: “It’s everyone’s own decision to do that. It doesn’t affect me and shouldn’t affect anyone else.” Which isn’t quite as bad as “rape is really sad.”

Despite his views on abortion and gays, Bieber DOES believe in pre-marital sex. Of course. You would believe in pre-marital sex too if you were Justin Bieber and were currently tapping Selena Gomez and had millions of girls lined up for you around the globe. Everything happens for a reason, right? Some people become International singing sensations and millionaires, some decide to become big homos and some get raped. But everything turns out the way it is supposed to! Ah, from the mouths of babes…

I’ve never had a problem with Justin Bieber or his music. He is just as fake and manufactured as anyone else out there, so I’ve never signaled him out for ridicule. However, his views on life & shiz totally suck. Hopefully with some life experience Bieber will change his tune.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

comments

32 Responses to Justin Bieber Thinks Gay is a Decision and Rape “Happens For a Reason”

1. coney

November 10, 2012 at 4:17 pm

lolz

2. Kharees stevenss

October 29, 2012 at 6:03 am

Jeez! Never knew that!

3. Dillon

September 30, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Ok guys, look. He was 16 at the time of this interview. These questions were totally unfair for a 16-year-old superstar. I probably would have answered similarly when I was 16. Justin shouldn’t be taking the flak for this, the handler that allowed this question to be answered is to blame.

• Michelle

December 12, 2012 at 1:54 am

Well, that’s BS. As a fourteen-year-old, I might’ve not had enough time to be a teen superstar, but I still have time to reevaluate myself and not be an ignorant douchebag.

Just saying.

• Scott

December 14, 2012 at 10:10 am

Totally agree. This post is a hatchet piece written simply because the author doesn’t like the kid.

I’d be shocked if Bieber still holds the same views today. When I was 16, I was still saying things like “I don’t mind gays, but I don’t want to see them being affectionate in public.” People grow, gain wisdom and life experience, and change their views accordingly.

I’m glad to see this author is no longer writing for what is otherwise a great site.

• Anna

January 12, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Hi, yeah. Sixteen year old girl here.

These questions are totally fair for a sixteen year old regardless of wether or not the person being questioned is a superstar or an average student. These are basic, easy questions that take minimal cognitive ability to answer in seeing they are simple, opinion-based questions. If a sixteen year old can’t answer these questions at that age, then it’s not because he/she is young, it’s because he/she is an idiot.

Also, if you would have answered similarly, then I think it’s fair to say you are not exactly the brightest star in the sky here. Look, a person that is dumb is dumb at sixteen, twenty-four, fifty, and if he or she lives long enough, at one hundred as well.

Do you remember 2007′s Ms. South Carolina? She must have been in her twenties and the stupid lady still couldn’t answer an incredibly easy subjective question (it was a “why do you think”). If she was asked the question when she was sixteen, she would have been unable to answer. If she was asked at fifty without having already been asked that question at the pageant, she still most likely would have been unable to answer. The lady was dumb in the past, she is dumb now, and chances are she will stay like that until she dies.

She is asinine and so is the “international superstar pop sensation” you seem to have no problem supporting.

• Andreea

January 21, 2013 at 11:51 am

Totally, agree with Anna. I’m a sixteen year old girl too and it’s not about being young. I know plenty of people my age who would never say what Bieber did, frankly that’s just simply offensive. You might as well say murders and cancer happen for a reason too, that’s just stupid. Rape is an awful thing that emotionally scars a person forever and should not be taken lightly. I know that, plenty of sixteen year olds know that so lets not use age as an excuse.

4. eric

July 24, 2012 at 11:48 pm

justin bieber is the worst thing that ever happened to the music scene and this earth. Nice comments in your interview fool.

5. michael corbin

July 12, 2012 at 5:47 pm

who the f*ck thinks that rape happens for any f*cking reason at all??,rape is a painful situation in where some f*cking a**hole uses your body for some sexual crap and being gay isn’t a damn decision,get a life you f*cking homo!!!!!!

• ashlynn kilcrease

December 9, 2012 at 9:03 pm

did you just defend gays by saying that being gay isn’t a life decision and then insult justin bieber by calling him gay
      do you not see the irony in this statement

• Shane

December 12, 2012 at 11:44 pm

It’s not irony Ashlynn, it’s hypocrisy…and I kinda was thinking the same thing that Michael was.

6. S1oan

January 7, 2012 at 1:43 am

I don’t hate jb cuz I think he’s gay or cuz I’m jealous , I hate him bc at each concert, he makes $150,000 a pop , and a cop or fire fighter hardly makes that a year. What a fucked up society

• kenny89

January 7, 2012 at 7:16 am

thats the biggest excuse ever clearly your jealous

7. beauty0055

December 24, 2011 at 3:42 am

JUSTIN BIEBER is a GAY !
    They’re both the same with
    PIOLO PASCUAL !

8. Tara State

November 28, 2011 at 9:15 am

Um, you DO know that his uncle is gay and his paternal grandmother was in a lesbian relationship for 15 years, right?

• George

December 11, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I’m not going to argue about the uncle of the grandmother as i don’t it that’s true or not. But i can tell you this much, just because someone has a homosexual relitive doesn’t mean that they are for it. Why do you think some parents kick their kids out? or other relitives will just completely ignore the fact.

Take my cousin for example. He’s gay, i support him but not my brother. Yeah he’ll say that they are cousins but that’s it. My brother thinks being gay is a choice,and wont talk to my cousin till he changes.

9. alesia

November 14, 2011 at 9:38 pm

kiss my ass

10. liknkins

September 30, 2011 at 1:18 am

its tru rape happens for a reason i mean people have rape fantasies cuz if it was a hot guy doin it n they would probaly like it but bout gays thats somethin dats with them just like st8 people

• alesia

November 14, 2011 at 9:33 pm

he went out with these girl named senlina gomoz and going out with a boy since he did that he went out both he has a woman haved a baby.

• Dillon

September 30, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I’m not even going to comment on this level of stupidity.

#learntotype

11. Rock Hudson

September 26, 2011 at 1:15 pm

He’s as gay as they come. The girlfriends are all just a front for publicity purposes. Remember Rock Hudson, his marriage. Look at his face. No facial hair. Then he puts nonesence out about it being a choice. A small person in many ways.

• alesia

November 14, 2011 at 9:38 pm

the love i loved him i was a loser and boojy girl but i got over that but what i thought that if he going to date a girl and a boy he have to chouce one or else but i have too go

12. Jinx

August 8, 2011 at 2:00 am

Now I believe that Justin beiber is a decent guy, and I never really has a problem with him..and yeah I do think that the media will twist his words around to get a good story…but when I read this in the actual magazine I got pissed…and I know it’s his choice to believe whatever he wants to believe about abortion and Pre-marital sex, even with him not supporting gays..but it’s not a choice to be gay. If it was a choice, I don’t think anyone would want to be gay…. To be spit on by society and to be ridiculed and harrassed daily because of it.

• Allison

November 29, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Some of Bieber’s critics would say that if being gay were a choice, he has obviously chosen it. IDK if he is gay, I wouldn’t feel differently if he were; but to say it is a CHOICE? If it were, I would chose it! I apologize if I offended anybody with that remark, but those of us who believe it is not a choice need someone on the other side of the equation for support.

13. Rikki Karmacide

March 17, 2011 at 6:53 pm

I’ve read other accounts of that interview (apparently the print and web versions are different). His words were insensitive, but this is another level of spin, and most of the commenters have taken it at face value. I don’t care enough to go back and look, but I have to agree that his words have been twisted.

I guess that’s the life of a celebrity in the Twitter era. Being a public figure doesn’t stop one from being 16 years old, no matter how manufactured or managed one is. Amusingly, I’ve heard voices on both the left and right sides of American politics picking bits of the interview to applaud or denounce.

14. yourallfoolish

February 23, 2011 at 3:09 pm

they obviously twisted his words.
    -.-

15. Janice

February 23, 2011 at 8:57 am

Yes this is a celebrity obsessed culture, so for that very reason other celebrities should come out and squash everything he has said. He’s a kid just spouting whatever he has picked up from someone else. My seventeen year old son has often come out over the years with stuff that he’s heard others say, only to be put right by us when it’s been an unacceptable comment or belief. They weren’t really his to begin with, he just didn’t want to be different from the others and stand out. So he just went along with them. Today, he forms opinions of his own and they are well thought out. He gets upset over the injustices of this world. I hope the same for this boy. Though I imagine there is no-one around him that will put him right. Not if his mother is behind it. Hopefully, this will have the opposite effect and his fans will turn away from him for this. I hope so.
    My daughter thinks he’s really a girl pretending to be a boy……now wouldn’t that be something!

16. Brian

February 23, 2011 at 7:07 am

Another uneducated voice heard from. What a freakin’ idiot.

17. Wednesday Addams

February 22, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I’m speechless. I have a quesiton for you Beiber. What good comes out of being raped when you are constantly tortured by the events, scarred for life and what if you become depressed? People have killed themselves because of this and you’re saying that “Oh, it’s not so bad”. And don’t even get me started on pre-marital sex.

18. Morticia Addams

February 22, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I tolerated this kid until now. Who the HELL thinks rape is anything but AWFUL and UNACCEPTABLE? I just lost what little respect I had left for him.

19. ffs

February 18, 2011 at 4:01 am

2012 is going to happen only because of Justin “Satanic” Bieber.

20. FAEN

February 17, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Talk about being brain washed by his overly religious mother. Pathetic.