Adam Lambert’s MTV Segment About Fashion To Finally Air

Our good friends of at Gather.com have been kind enough to bring this little story to the attention of everyone out there. Adam Lambert, who just got back from a week of partying over at Burning Man, filmed a bit for MTV’s Talk @Playground earlier this summer. The piece will finally air this upcoming Sunday. Previews of the segments have already become available, as can be seen above.

On the show, Lambert talks about fashion and how it inspires him saying “Like many musical artists, I’m inspired by clothes. And when I’m in something or wearing something, I’m in a different creative space when I’m writing a song. Or if I’m performing on stage, it puts me where I want to be in my imagination and what world I want to live in. What would I be dressed in while I was telling that story.”

According to Renee Snyder of Gather.com
“The show pairs creative people in the worlds of music and fashion to discuss ideas and inspiration. For his segment, Adam was paired with SKINGRAFT Founder, Johnny Cota. Adam is friends with the Skingraft owners and has worn their designs on American Idol, during his Glam Nation tour and during photo shoots.”

It should not be surprising that Lambert was selected to participate in this. While he has certainly not shown the flair for the eccentric that Lady Gaga has, he has a certain fashion sense that tends to draw the eye to him wherever he goes. Lambert recently presented the Style Award at the VH1 2011 Do Something Awards.

The Swatch MTV Talk@Playground series will also feature these other artist/designer pairings: “Rankin & Kelis, Keri Hilson&Kerin Rose, Beth Ditto & Fred Butler, Kelly Rowland & Jen Kao, Juliette Lewis & Alex Noble, Skylar Grey & Paul Budnitz, and The Black Eyed Peas & Jean-Charles De Castelbajac.”

Lambert has become rather famous for his singing and musical abilities, but he has also won the hearts of many a fan through his dedication to helping others. Lambert has donate quite a lot of money to causes that help young people, and especially those aimed at stopping the LGBT suicide crisis.

Lambert has been known to attend award shows with his boyfriend Sauli. The two appear to be pretty happy together right now.

Comments

comments

15 Responses to Adam Lambert’s MTV Segment About Fashion To Finally Air

1. lking

September 13, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Not surprised by all the love and fun on this blog. Adam is loved and is fun, so anyone who is a Glambert understands the dynamics. Watched MTV Sunday night, but no Adam. Sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bur am looking forward to Project Runway, which is on Lifetime Thursday nights. btw wating to for Adam to appear, watched most of an hour’s worth of JS. Interesting program, and would have to be much younger to “get it.” All the fist bumping, hair combing, laying around, seems a useless situation, but hey I am not a critic.

2. queenrosered

September 13, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Thank you Indigo! Yes indeed..our lives have been forever and positively changed by Adam!
    His is a positive force for love and inclusion.
    He gives us hope for a brighter, more tolerant future.
    (It doesn’t hurt that he also gives us eyegasms and eargasms!) Haha! Love to you and ALL my Glam Sisters and Brothers! Remember what Adam said “Glam is not about how you dress, etc.., but rather, a state of mind” :) xoxoxoxoxox!!!!!

3. indigo

September 13, 2011 at 12:32 pm

@queenrosered, you write so beautifully. Adam is one special human being and has affected us so many in the same way, life has changed for better since I have known Adam. I have become part of Glamily. Thank you Bridgette for a nice article about our beloved Adam and welcome to the Glamily.

4. queenrosered

September 11, 2011 at 5:43 pm

And lest we forget…Adam is also a very well-dressed, well-groomed man.;) Straight men should take lessons!
    We have three lesbian couples in our own circle of friends and they adore him!! You are most welcome Brig! I so hope you’ll blog more about Adam in the future! :) Peace!

5. Pingback: Daily news for: skylar grey | AutoSkt Daily News

6. queenrosered

September 10, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Hi Bridg! LOL! :) You are a real sport and have just gone from anonymous blogger to Glambert Sisterhood!!
    Adam is never one to stand on formality either, lol!
    Just the fact that you were moved to blog about him shows what a beloved figure he has already become. In the years ahead, he will be ICONIC!
    Welcome to the Glamily! ((((HUGS))) Please keep blogging and WE will keep reading!
    Adam is addicting, indeed. I’ve met him, held his wrist and looked up into those crystal-blue eyes! What personal charisma and magnetism he possesses. It takes ones breath away, seriously. Even my husband, who shook his hand, walked away dazed and delighted. Charmed, totally.
    When Adam looks at you…in that MOMENT..you feel like the only other person in the world. Yes..he is THAT engaging. It’s just another of the many gifts he possesses. Thanks again Bridg! Have a lovely day! Peace, Love and Light! ~Rose~ :)

September 11, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Thank you. I admire Adam for what he is willing to do as a celebrity. He’s a wonderful person and a very good singer :)

7. queenrosered

September 10, 2011 at 12:43 pm

My Dear Ms. LaVictoire,
    Hello. My name is Rose. As a Glambert, allow me to bestow this gift of honorary Glambert upon you.
    This title now imbues you not only with the RIGHT to refer to this artist as “Adam” but practically makes it mandatory!
    And please feel free to call me Rose! (“Queen” or “Your Majesty” just is too formal for Glamberts..ya know?)
    May I refer to you as “Bridgette”? It’s such a lovely name! Thank you! ~Rose~ :)

September 10, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Ok, ok, I get the point :D I’m sitting here laughing. I will refer to Adam by his first name from now on :) And hi Rose, I don’t mind being called just Bridgette or Bridg even :) And thank you for the complement.

8. Loveadamseyes

September 10, 2011 at 12:21 pm

“ADAM” is known world wide for his great fashion sense! He is the total package a fan looks for in an artist!! Don’t quite know why you keep calling him by his last name? It’s almost disrespectful, even if you didn’t mean it that way.. Nice article..

September 10, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Formality, Loveadmseyes. Technically, since I do not know Mr. Lambert in person, I should write about him by referring to him by his last name not his first. I tend to be relatively more formal in my writing than others in the blogosphere. It is not disrespectful, just formal.

9. queenrosered

September 10, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I agree with my lovely friend, Tess. While I am happy that Adam’s unique fashion sense is getting the attention it so richly deserves..it WILL be thrilling to see the focus on his music and his phenomenal vocal abilities once more.
    Adam Lambert is a one-man Carnival. He is so articulate, creative and rich in sound, color and substance that one is quite overcome and hardly knows where to focus the attention!! He is an audio, visual,cerebral and sensory DELIGHT!
    He leaves his audience dazed, confused, breathless and spellbound. He is simply..INTOXICATING.
    In short…Adam Lambert is what is meant when discussing an artist with “the whole package”.
    Thank you for this small “taste” MTV!

10. tess4ADAM

September 10, 2011 at 7:43 am

I am thrilled to hear that ADAM will be seen on TV once more … but do wish ADAM’s music were more the focal point instead of his fashion/style. I think the Spotlight should be on ADAM’s Phenomenal Voice not the way he dresses although I agree that ADAM’s style is Unique & Suave … I’m very much looking forward to the day when ADAM is back on TV singing songs from his NEW album … JMO

11. kitkat

September 9, 2011 at 10:59 pm

The last I heard this will only be shown in Europe. If anyone hears any different please post.ty .Maybe it will be shown here eventually.

September 9, 2011 at 11:01 pm

:( thank you for letting us know that, and I’ll keep an eye out for any additional information.