Breaking News in Trayvon Martin Shooting
Trayvon Martin via Facebook
Well, things are getting interesting down in Florida.
- The case went to the state’s attorney on Monday for review, a review which can take several weeks.
- Members of the NAACP have written to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder citing their belief that the local sheriff is not up to snuff on this investigation and requesting Justice Department investigators.
- ABC News reports speaking to a witness the night of the shooting who, when giving her statement to police, said she had heard the teenager call for help and was “corrected” by the officer who told her no, she had heard Zimmerman. Another witness reportedly saw the two men on the ground.
- There was a rally for justice at Sanford’s Allen Chapel AME today, drawing in a crowd of hundreds, plus the Rev. Jamal Bryant, a prominent Baltimore evangelist, who vowed to “take down Florida” if George Zimmerman isn’t arrested.
- It has now been verified that George Zimmerman is Hispanic, not “white”. Obviously the people who think that matters have never lived in Florida. The Hispanics and the Blacks don’t get along real well, either.
- The mainstream media have now discovered the story. Stories from ABC and CNN are in the top 10 on Google.
We will keep reporting anything new that comes up of any importance. Rehashing the same story day after day with no new developments is NOT something we’re going to do… but we won’t forget, either.