JC Penny Catalogue Features Lesbian Couple, One Million Moms Has A Fit

Fresh of their assault on the pacifists of the Gandhi Nebula, One Million Moms (A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of The American Family Research Council, Hate Inc.) has put out another one of their rather stupid little press releases whining and complaining about JC Penney. Apparently, JCP has been ‘laying low’ throughout April. OMM writes:

JC Penney has laid low in the month of April by airing two different commercials that portrayed them as remaining neutral in the cultural war. Even though JCP seemed to have changed their approach, their May catalog shows they are making a strong effort otherwise. On pages ten and eleven, under the title “Freedom of Expression,” you’ll find “Wendi and her partner Maggie and daughters” and again “Wendi, daughters Raven and Clover, and partner Maggie” in text. In the picture both women are wearing wedding bands.

Well, let us start with the fact that JCP has been using ads from Ellen Degeneres, at least every time I’ve caught one of their commercials. Maybe OMM is just not watching the right shows. However, the Degeneres ads are rather neutral in their content. After all, if you didn’t know that Ellen is lesbian, you wouldn’t be able to tell from her commercials.

Then again, it isn’t surprising that OMM is going to have a fit over an inclusive catalogues, though. They went on to write:

Families who once supported JCP and hold open store credit cards or are on their mailing list received the May catalog yesterday. Today, customers are able to view the May catalog online on the JC Penney website under May books. (click on image for larger view)

OMM has so many issues to cover we had no choice but to move on earlier in the year but have decided to revisit this issue and speak out again. It is obvious that JCP would rather take sides than remain neutral. JCP will hear from the other side so they need to hear from us as well.

Last time OMM contacted JC Penney store managers, we were brushed off. Some even experienced in person the store manager saying “Thank you” and walking off while their customer and our concerned members were in mid-sentence. OMM has been told that JCP corporate office told store managers to say “Thank you” and then walk away. If they want our business, then we will not be ignored!

The store managers are the ones who can communicate to corporate for their customers. Managers will not want to be in the middle so when we politely express our concern to them, they should realize that they are the ones taking all the complaints and corporate is not having to answer for the decisions they are making. Managers will pass along customers’ frustrations, and their own, to corporate because they will likely get tired of their game. Managers will also have to answer to corporate for the loss in sales from traditional families, so we will give them the proof they need to back this up when we tell them we will no longer be able to shop with them until they take a neutral stand.

Which worked so well last time. I mean, come on. JCP didn’t cut off Ellen, and they aren’t going to change over this. Have you ever noticed how these schmucks talk about neutrality? Really, this isn’t about neutrality, which would be inclusive. Rather it’s about forcing these corporations to side with the hate groups by not being inclusive.

Comments

comments

7 Responses to JC Penny Catalogue Features Lesbian Couple, One Million Moms Has A Fit

1. Joyce

July 17, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Since when is one required to be neutral in America? OMM people should be ashamed of themselves. Let’s all shop at JCP… let OMM people know they are wrong!

2. Dawn

May 2, 2012 at 5:05 pm

I’ve never been a JCP shopper but the “Ellen Thing” just ticked me off so much I became one. Off today to purchase sheets – and I’m heading to JCP instead of my old haunts. These so-called moms need to learn to be more open-minded. With a group that large some of them are bound to have children who are gay or lesbian. I wonder how those kids feel about themselves and their mothers…

3. M Sunrise

May 2, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Let YOUR Voice Be Heard. The World Will Change When People Stand-up and Say “NO MORE’ to Discrimination, Hatred and Bigotry. Join Us and Become “One in a Million” who said NO to Hatred.

4. M Sunrise

May 2, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Asking someone to stay neutral sounds like such a nice compromise EXCEPT what neutral means to OMM supports their side of the “cultural war”. My ability to choose who I love and be legally married is not a cultural war or a religious thing… It’s a legal thing.

A marriage license is a legal document, like a drivers license. It should be made available to all citizens.

5. Jessica Dybing-Jorgensen

May 2, 2012 at 10:34 am

I always find it comical when it’s considered “pushing the gay agenda” or not “being neutral” when there are gay and lesbian characters on TV shows or in ads.

If having an ad featuring a lesbian couple and their daughter is a way of not being “neutral,” then I would deduct from that line of reasoning, that all ads in the catelogue should only feature the clothing (eliminate the models completely). Otherwise, wouldn’t the opposite be true; that JCP is pushing a heterosexual agenda and being hetero-biased?

6. Random Medley

May 1, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I think I need to go buy something at Penneys tomorrow.

• Margie

May 19, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I will keep buying from JCP. I actually did not look at the catalog this month. I ALWAYS buy from JCP. I did toss the new catalog this morning, cause I was straightening up my house. It is in the garbage in the garage and I cannot and WILL NOT, dig it out.

Does it even matter who is wearing what in a catlog??? Whether it be from JCP or another catalog. I would have NEVER even paid any attention to who was modeling, except to see if a child was cute or an adult was pretty or handsome.

These types of people need to get out of the CAVE (men/women) years, and grow up. WE ARE NOT BUYING the models in the catalogs, JUST THE CLOTHES/PRODUCT.

I would love to see what happens, when many of these ignorant people find out, eventually, and OH YES, some will, that one or maybe more of their children are gay, ect. Please do not tell me they will HATE their own kids/ siblings, ect??? AND not be in their life anymore. SO WRONG.

What is with all this hatred. If someone is not what WE think they should be, why is it wrong. This hatred and discrimination and S–T needs to stop immediately.

I will say no more right now, BUT grow up you bigots and let ALL HUMANS /people be who they want to be, as long as it is NOT hurting anyone!!!

ENOUGH is ENOUGH.