(San Francisco, Calif. – January 12, 2013) Have you ever dreamed of chumming around with celebrities, rocking out to premiere and emerging rock stars or going to the ultimate girlfriend getaway weekend?
Dream no more.
The winners will receive all-access passes to the events to interview celebrities, up and coming entertainers, and to party like rock stars.
“We are proud to be able to offer this opportunity to emerging women journalists interested in travel and entertainment broadcast and writing as one of the official “Blog Nation Partners” for The Dinah,” says Heather Cassell, publisher and editor of Girls That Roam. “The winners will have wide exposure to celebrities and an audience upwards of 45,000 through The Dinah blog, Girls That Roam and our media partners.”
To enter the contest, contestants (individuals or teams) must submit a 30 second video (preferably a link to YouTube or Vimeo) telling us why you should go to The Dinah, three writing samples, one headshot each, a brief biography and/or resume.
Submissions should be received at TheDinah@girlsthatroam.com no later than 11:59 p.m. on February 28.
The winners will be announced on March 13.
Be creative. Have fun. Good luck! We look forward to reviewing your submissions.
Contestants seeking to cover the event should:
• Must be able to attend the event
• Have great personalities (sense of humor is an added bonus)
• Be a people person
• Have journalism / broadcasting / multimedia background (video, social media, photography, podcast, and writing)
• Meet deadlines
• Work well with many different types of personalities
• To regularly update the Facebook and Twitter pages with photos and comments about the event
• Produce 3 – 10 minute video diaries / recaps of the events of the day to be submitted to the editor daily each morning by 10 a.m.
• Produce an hour long podcast interviewing the promoter and celebrities at the event
• Pass out promotional products to guests
Must have equipment:
• Video camera and Camera (must be able to handle lowlight i.e. night and nightclub situations)
• Laptop or portable computer
• Internet access
• Smartphone or tablet
• Appropriate software to edit video, photos, audio
What you get:
• You will receive two all-access press tickets valued at $500 each. Tickets will be held at will call with your names at the entrance points of the event.
• You will have a good time.
• You will receive Girls That Roam promotional products to wear and use at the event.
• Exposure of your work to an audience upwards of 45,000 or more
• If you are a college student or an emerging professional, we will be more than happy to provide a letter of recommendation and samples to use in your portfolio.
Not included in the award: Food, transportation, lodging and equipment.
All material submitted to the editor will be the property of Girls That Roam.
About Girls That Roam:
Girls That Roam is a free online travel magazine and community for independent globetrotting women who are either swinging it solo, traveling with their gal pals, boyfriends, or girlfriends, trekking it with their tots, or road warriors closing the deal. Girl roamers seek and explore new adventures learning about the world and pushing boundaries, doing good and giving back, supporting women-owned – and the boy’s that love us – businesses and organizations. All the while having a great time rocking it through the continents, drinking and eating, sporting it up, sharing stories and tips, meeting new girlfriends – queer, straight, black, brown, white from America to Asia and everywhere in between – and having some fun and giggles along the way. Sign up today at www.girlsthatroam.com.
About The Dinah:
The Dinah is a five-day international world-class event packed with non-stop activities, a series of phenomenal pool parties, spectacular night entertainment, live concerts by Top Ten Billboard recording artists, comedy shows, sport-games and social networking opportunities. For 23 years it has been the premier all-girl event hosted in Palm Springs, Calif. coinciding with the Ladies Professional Gold Association’s Kraft Nabisco Championship Golf Tournament (formerly the Dinah Shore Golf Championship). The lesbian spring break, as it is known, was created and is produced by Mariah Hanson under the Club Skirts marquee. http://thedinah.com.